Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Share purchase for minor

eric13
Contributor
Hi Guys, I would like to buy shares for my Cousins 1 year old boy.. maby R1000 SATRIXDIV, aparentky you have to be 5 years olt to own your own share account, and OST wants to charge me about R340 for a share certificate, sounds a bit expensiven, any other ideas?
0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
Blik
Super Contributor
I have opened up an SBK Auto Share Invest account for my kids, where I stick the odd 500 or 1000 each month into SATRIX. Once they are of age I'll transfer this into their own names. I find this is the cheapest way for me to buy monthly small amounts of SATRIX.
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
FUNDISA..you investing, but more, you investing in education...
0 Kudos
IAM
Contributor
The problem with Fundisa is there is an income threshold in order to qualify for the bonus
0 Kudos
Jughead
Contributor
Do the math 25% of max R600 is just R2400. You get that only if the family income is less than R180 000 pj. Its just a scam for the poor leaving them still without anything for education.
0 Kudos
Jughead
Contributor
Do the math 25% of max R600 is just R2400. You get that only if the family income is less than R180 000 pj. Its just a scam for the poor leaving them still without anything for education.
0 Kudos
Jason_Bourne
Occasional Contributor
Blik how you gonna handle the taxman?
0 Kudos
Blik
Super Contributor
Same as CGT for sale of shares as and when sold. And if I am going to have to pay any sort of Transfer 20% donations tax or anything like that, I might hold it in my name.....although I am investigating a Trust at the moment, and I might move the holdings into the Trust. Its not a massive amount at the moment, so I have a bit of time wiggle room. Since my daughter is only 20 months old and the other -4 months, I have a year or so to make a proper plan.
0 Kudos