Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

ShareMagicT LITE

Not applicable
Is this software any good? and how does it differ from the charts offered by standard bank? thanks
0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
Not applicable
Depends on what you want to do with the package. It is good but the online version OST is just as good. Only difference you cannot save your OST price charts etc for offline analyse and playing. To be honest if you starting out keep the money spent on these "fancy packages promising the magical trading system" (it does not exist) packages and just use the free online charts. The package (charting software) does not make the trader/investor, the system (money management/psychological/ emotional aspects) you develop and refine and use consistently (and profitably), even in the absence of a chart system is what makes a trader/investor. IMO
0 Kudos
KJR
Frequent Contributor
Do you have any knowledge or opinion on the "Wen" technical analysis software. Is it any good?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Rakem, I used it a while ago but found the download data you get is not always compatible from cheeper sources. The package is like any other, depends on how complex you want to get and then you actually just adding "noise" that is of no use anyway. KISS!!!! Again OST charts are fantastic and if you really want to waste the money choose the cheepest package you can get, you aint gonna get professional enough for a few years to use all the features anyway. My advise is usually save the cash and rather learn money management (do a professional course if you must). That will serve you much better than any package ever will. I started with about 1.2 mil debt a few years back (maybe 10 years) and after learning money management have a substantial net worth.
0 Kudos
KJR
Frequent Contributor
Thanks CPS. Received a call recently where I was offered the software provided a signed a limited term contract for the daily EOD downloads. And, yes, you are right. Sometimes too much info and analysis complicates and confuses the judgement. So I will look around for a basic programme in addition to the OST charts.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Thanks for your view CPS. I understand what you are saying was just wondering if the online charts offered were enough.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I still can't figure out how to put 3 EMA's on one graph. I know you can't do it directly but there is a work-a-round. What is it? A 20 day high, a 20 day low and a 5 day close.
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
I wrote about you on my latest instalment letter.
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Barry, I haven't seen it yet, but as long as you give good advice, and I can find it on your website, I definately won't care.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Hey Barry, just between me and you, fix things like this: "Any member that wants(would like) to comment upon(on) or ask a question please do so upon(on)the SASHARE blogpsot(blogspot)mentioned above" I know that you are afrikaans speaking, but pull the text into msword and spell check it. You did mention that some overseas people are reading your site! Keep up the good work!
0 Kudos