Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Shareholder register

Werner_1
Super Contributor
Did any of you guys ever get your hands on a shareholder register yet, i would like to get these, i believe they are free to the public? I have contacted Computershare, my first option, and will see what they tell me...
0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
not free, cost to print them and not always a small cost.
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
ah, ok, that makes sense, but is it not possible to get them in digital format, e.g. excel for PDF?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
no idea, company sec could also help. I don;t see why not pdf, I mean easy enough - but then sometimes tech stuff is impossible for some ?
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
I will see if i can find out any info... just thought it might be interesting to see 1 or 2... will let you know if i find anything usefull.
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
OK, some feedback for those interested, if you really want to, you can go to Computershare's offices (i think in JHB) and they will let you read through their copy of the shareholders register for the certain company, but as Simon said, if you want a copy they will print it, but at a cost...
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
In terms of the companies act, the cost may not exceed R10 per page - if you are a member of the company, you are entitled to access free of charge at the company's registered office for at least 2 hours on a business day. And this is nothing to awe over, as a Company Secretary, I've seen loads, and none of them are that interesting.
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
lol. i believe you it can be some task to go through, i actually wanted to get a digital format that i could run some analysis on, this way one would not need to look though the whole thing, it would only illuminate what one wanted to see, based on specific criteria.
0 Kudos