Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Sharemax...

DEP
Super Contributor
... does anyone here have sharemax investments? Looks like this might crash? ( I don't have a dime in this - never want), anyway I am concern investors - pensioners, specially around Pretoria.
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
GGG
Contributor
My wife has a fair bit with them. How sure are you?
0 Kudos
wanderer
Occasional Contributor
be very careful. look at moneyweb.co.za for some interesting analysis
0 Kudos
dgj
Regular Visitor
My wife has and although I have read the negative reports (which could be professional jealousy)the centres themselves are certainly top class. My opinion is that in the short term new tenants are still tentative,however modern centres sometimes take time to fill.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
read the last couple of finweek articles .. and here's an interview I did with the author - vic de klerk on just one aspect .. http://bit.ly/bwtdHL
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
Get your funds out of Sharemax now before it's too late. You can always get back in if it turns turn out to be a nothing. Personaly when looking at that monstrosity of a shoppping mall that their building in the east of Pretoria and in very close to proximity of other establised malls it makes the hair in my neck stand up. They stared building that at the peak of the economic boom. Rather take your funds, which I believe is already too late to try and get out of Sharemax and invest it in establised listed property funds like Growthpoint - R26 bil under management and Redefine. Just the divi's in these shares are worth your while. You have been warned. Good luck.
0 Kudos