Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Shares on new support

DR_1
Super Contributor
Looks like the big crash did not happen. Most shares now at new highs and also found support. AGL at 380, new support. GLD, AMS, EXX all seem to have new found support. Charts uncertain from here where are new resistance levels. Makes you wonder, was the crash ochestrated by the secret society to make money
0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
sponono
Super Contributor
and most of the retail stocks are also found support on the 50 day SMA on a weekly basis.
0 Kudos
Spoegs
Contributor
I'm part of the secret society and our official answer is - "No this was not one of our orchestrated crashes. In fact we have disbanded our entire orchestrated crash department."
0 Kudos
Not applicable
What happened to AMS today? had a good rally last Friday and all of the sudden back to R715.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
don't believe him .. he's an imposter .. I am a member of the secret society and our official response is "no comment" ..
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
Excuse me.What secret society is this and how do we join?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
AMS has been bouncing for a while now. It is finding difficulty to breach 730/735. It seems to bounce off resistance and drifts down to 690/700 range again (support). So if you are trading it keep in those ranges for the near term. However watch for weakness to 660. If you are wanting a lower geared investment try IMP. Operating costs are softer and thus IMP has higher margins going forward. AMS might be too dependant on big daddy and repaying cash to settle debts over the shorter term. Nice trader but for investing buy on weakness into the coming weeks.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
errr .. we've changed our official response .. "what secret society?" ..
0 Kudos
Spoegs
Contributor
CPS - why even bother with all that fundamental analysis, when there are powers beyond our control at work? NAV, PE, DY, P:CF, EY all rather insignificant when you realise the secret society is controlling everything. Apologies for the sarcastic comment, but couldn't help myself. I'm long IMP, short AMS at the moment, market neutral which sort of ties in with your analysis. That could be a good thing or a bad thing.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Spoegs, I hear ya, my daddy is the ring gate keeper so I have an inside ear for the next melt down. You think we saw some QE these past few years....just wait till 2013. ;-)
0 Kudos