Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Shares or Warrants? I'm new here, I need help.

Not applicable
I have just started trading shares on the JSE last month. There is a lot I'm just starting to learn. I now understand the trading process but all the trades I have been doing until now were just guesses. I wish I could understand atleast how to make the right choice of a portfolio. The is an e-book I just started reading which I hope will keep me moving forward. If anyone would help me out with the basics, I sure I can return a favor somehow? Thank you.
0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
shares, without doubt a beginner should start with shares ..
0 Kudos
Levitt
Regular Contributor
Flip a coin and put all your cash in Warrants!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
what is the point of flipping the coin then hmmmm
0 Kudos
Levitt
Regular Contributor
To see of you should enter long or short.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
why not flip it each day, heads is sell and tails is hold ?
0 Kudos
Levitt
Regular Contributor
Haha yeah. Just don't hold the warrants to long, the time decay will get you.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Oke's you are'nt really helping. Go the shares route first so that you can learn about the ups and downs, didvidends, when is a share expensive or a bargain. Things like that. Look at cost of buying tax related issues and so on. What is it's highs and lows. Things like that. You don't want to take on risk while you are in this learning phase and trading is all risk. I know you will in time want to trade. You must learn to trade, but just give it some time first.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos