Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Sharetrackin

Not applicable
My dad has just bought the sharetrackin software for charting and all that jazz.... i see on the net there's a lot of complaints about it and stuff... has he wasted his money?
0 Kudos
15 REPLIES 15
swordfish
Frequent Contributor
most definitely, i also bought that k.... but through it out. i got me meta stock (end of day package).
0 Kudos
murgs
Contributor
Hi Swordfish, as a matter of interest - what was wrong with it?
0 Kudos
Vano
Regular Contributor
I use the program. Having problem with it at the mo. Acc-ross changed it's name to Pinnacle Group. In order to have continuation of prices for Technical analysis, the two companies have to be "merged" within the program. Acc-ross share price was approx 100cents before merging. After merging, the graphs show that the share price has fallen from 100 RAND down to current 75 cents. (the ). Spoke to the people at Sharetrackprice actually fell from 100 cents to 75 centsin about this about a week ago - not fixed yet. This causes a problem, I am invested in ACC ross / Pinnacle, the price is falling, and I am unable to do any kind of Technical analysis on it by using this program for which I am paying. Do I hold, or sell?
0 Kudos
Vano
Regular Contributor
Something went wrong with this one, not my fault. My postings are usually more legible than this. I am not a surfer, after all.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
if you wanna know what they are really like listen to this...http://www.screencast.com/t/SmtWzYueM
0 Kudos
swordfish
Frequent Contributor
i've listen to the telephone call, LOL. TAD check out www.moneyweb.co.za/mw/view/mw/en/page91?oid=128868&sn=Detail - 130k -
0 Kudos
PaulC
Super Contributor
Chartist the more time goes by the more I like you. Thanx for the monday morning laugh. 40% return in the first 6 months ... gotta love that! Nice one
0 Kudos
Not applicable
i mean ....you would think if someone was spending 11k they would also make a simple phone call...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Does any formurite members use omnitrader - i dont use it personally but have heard it is good - any comments will be appreciated!!!!
0 Kudos
Ninja
Super Contributor
Kev I use Omnitrader as an end of day trading package. I find it excellent with all info cleatly plotted and easy to use. Not sure how good it is as an intra day package, but very powerful as end of day.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
amibroker best value by far and their after sales service is great....
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
Chartist, i agree, i have amibroker, i am more of a long term investor, but have the TA tools, etc. Amibroker is very cool, with my background in software development, the formula language is also quite interesting now and then.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Werner...I have tried to install the squeeze indicator (as used by John CArter) without any luck....would you be able to create one....one that is as graphic as the ones for tradestation?
0 Kudos
murgs
Contributor
Thanks, I guess those two items answer the question!
0 Kudos
jit777
Occasional Contributor
Hi my dad also bought the sharetrackin, waste of time, waste of R11k. I am now using cycle trends seems to be working great so far... and its R7k cheaper
0 Kudos