Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Short term investment?

joani
Contributor
As a nvce on the forum I wud appreciate insight into which shares to invest in R200k over 3 months? Forum opinion wud b appreciated? Tx
0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
kia, a few isues. Firstly, 3 months is trading not investing (main implicatiosn are tax and risk). Secondly, what are you tryign to achieve and more importantly how much can you afford to loose?
0 Kudos
ABuzz
Super Contributor
I'd spread it amongst ELD, AOQ, ATR, BSR, EXX, SLM, VLE. Probably won't make a fortune overnight on any of these, but should all give you a combined average growth of around 15-20% (just my opinion)
0 Kudos
DCTrader
Super Contributor
If you looking for more of a short term dabble have a look at ENL, SAL and possibly OML for a more long term outlook.
0 Kudos
joani
Contributor
Tx Simon, I do trade and sell shares making over 15% cap growth - hve done pretty well over past 12 mths. How does the tax implication work? When r u assessed as a trader as opposed to an investor & what % is taxable of the cap growth?
0 Kudos
ABuzz
Super Contributor
Sorry, that was ARQ, not AOQ
0 Kudos
ABuzz
Super Contributor
Also add some RBX to the mix.
0 Kudos
ABuzz
Super Contributor
Also add some RBX to the mix.
0 Kudos
joani
Contributor
Tx v much I will lk at ea share now & assess the financials, div history & 1 yr chart price. Lk at brands, shareholders,etc - hve traded for a bit over 1 yr - made 87% on Wez & gd cap gains on KMB BHF ECO SAB TBS MTN. Nvce so research everything to death 1st & appreciate yr input.
0 Kudos
dimitrius
Regular Contributor
If you're not willing to do your homework to find a good undervalued share, then rather put your money in an allan gray fund and let them manage your money for you. You'd be stupid to risk your R200k on what people in this forum tell you. Make you own decisions, or give it to a fund manager.
0 Kudos