Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Short the Top 40 Index?

DEP
Super Contributor
Short the Top 40 Index?
0 Kudos
22 REPLIES 22
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
ah yes .. nothing better for a wednesday mroning then standing in front of a rising market putting your hand up an yelling STOP .. let me know how it turns out ..
0 Kudos
DEP
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
DEP
Super Contributor
Simon, what are you buying this morning?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Hmm..... maybe the Continental add with the soccerball stopping mid air insipred the decission. :-)
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
chocolate an coffee ..
0 Kudos
DEP
Super Contributor
Eish Simon, do you want to buy some Gold?
0 Kudos
Wizard
Super Contributor
Some real lovely times are coming for shorting. The DOW is so drunk and it's going to collapse face down Sep-Oct period.
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
Ya, come to think of it - I definately shouldn't be trading this market.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
got that ryt wizard, lol to simon, i knew that you could trade COFFEE pn the commodity market, bt CHOCOLATE how?? an ETF?? lol..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
stay with the chocolate...DEP looks like you geting the last laugh there...but its not funny
0 Kudos
Happy
Contributor
I think Mr Market always laughs last - and the loudest.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
With resepect to Mr Market, I think me bank manager also has a good chuckle from time to time. When I ask for more money I cry when I loose it, he laughs, When I repay it early He cries and I laugh....mostly I think he laughs though ;-)
0 Kudos
Salv
Frequent Contributor
Quik question on the top 40... Ne1 no of the other eft (Other than stx40)... i remmeber seeing it cant remmeber what its called i think its by absa ?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
I'm still LONG ,with stop losses of course and in profit.Was thinking of buying more,quite sorry i read the doomsayers opinion, as now i wont!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
With all this talk of the Sept/Oct periods being so bad traditionally are we talking ourselves into selling mode? Does anybody know if it is a real fact that this period is always goes through a slump? I know that these are the risks we take but would hate to sell because of historic perception which could be noting more than just that........a perception not really based on fact.
0 Kudos
Salv
Frequent Contributor
0 Kudos
GL
Contributor
Gold not very tasty, and when it gets out the "kettle" it's too darn hot to drink.
0 Kudos
DEP
Super Contributor
Hmmm... We still in the same position as yesterday. Market looking for direction from the US.
0 Kudos