Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Shorters

pbryson
Occasional Contributor
Anyone notice how quickly the offers to sell come onto the table as the share goes up a bit (like today). These offers are always below the trading price, clearly showing that its the traders that shorted the share, are getting worried about the share flying. Once the "shorters" are out hopefully weight will shift to the buyers side.
0 Kudos
30 REPLIES 30
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
dude, if you blaming shorters for a shares decline .. argh .. nuff said ..
0 Kudos
pbryson
Occasional Contributor
No I am not!, where did you read that in my message Simon??? Read it again, and comment on its contents or dont comment.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
read it again .. same answer .. must I post again, or can you just read it again ??
0 Kudos
pbryson
Occasional Contributor
No thanks, I can read, but seems reading is not a requirement, seems we are free to comment on statements not made, so my statement to you is, dont get upset that you have gone short UUU and its climbing.
0 Kudos
sponono
Super Contributor
sorry boet was me. done now but still messing around EHS, EPS, PPC and NPN. will tell u when done.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
you said "Once the "shorters" are out hopefully weight will shift to the buyers side." which to me means that you are saying stock is down because of the shorters ??
0 Kudos
pbryson
Occasional Contributor
Its not what I said or meant. This is not the reason the stock started to slide, worldwide Uranium companies took a big knock after Japan disaster (and other factors), but like any stock that is on a down slide, it often attracts shorters for the ride adding weight to the downside. So when things start to look different, often the shorters get out quickly (understandably), this lightens up the downside weight. That was my point and of course only my humble opinion, not the facts.
0 Kudos
pbryson
Occasional Contributor
sponono, thanks for yr post, you have help me realise what this forum is really about,and now I understand the level of forum audience. Thanks boet!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Sorry about that Simon - sometimes there is just no helping a guy like this. Firstly, I don't even know how you could short UUU (any instruments out there?), second, always amazes me how guys blame the depressed uranium price and world perception of uranium miners as the cause of UUU's woes. Seems that good old fasioned profit and actually making money is not really a criteria. Instead, they have to blame the short traders and market manipulators out there. Clearly he has lost a lot of money!
0 Kudos
Ninja
Super Contributor
hey peebo....show a little respect.....simon was trading long before you had your labotomy.....learn from the man.....he is not into proving his worth, simply into helping if you wanna listen.
0 Kudos
pbryson
Occasional Contributor
Hey Ninja, was not disputng his worth, he reacted to something I never said, so with all due respect I will argue the point. BTW respect works both ways, no matter how high you position yourself.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
respect has to be earned boet, and your illegible rantings are not earning you any
0 Kudos
pbryson
Occasional Contributor
skaaptjop - not sure what is so difficult about reading the forum, but how many times to I have to make the same point I AM NOT BLAMING THE SHORT TRADERS!!!!, read the comments I made. NEVER ONCE BLAMED THE SHORT TRADERS, get it ?????? This is so tedious!
0 Kudos
bangbul
Regular Contributor
pbryson, if tests on thorium reactors is successfull, uranium will be on the way out, keep in mind.
0 Kudos
pbryson
Occasional Contributor
bangbul, thanks nice to get valuable forum response.
0 Kudos
bangbul
Regular Contributor
0 Kudos
Penny_Pincher
Super Contributor
Agreed the thorium research may or may not have an implication on future generations but the world needs electric energy now. Don't think thorium will be a reality for years to come. There are more than 100 uranium based nuclear power plants being built worldwide. Don't think this will summarily discarded.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
ho hum .. pbryson , it is what you said .. maybe not what you meant .. but wht we mean and what we say are not always the same .. neh ??
0 Kudos