Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Shorters

sponono
Super Contributor
the point is that it's useless to try and find out why a stock is falling or to even blame someone else (short sellers). when you trade you accept losses would be made and you should be able to pull the plug when you are wrong. when it comes to trading reason count for ZERO; price action is every thing. It's like the annoying bunch of people who keep asking why is MTN or Onelogix falling; it does not matter why its falling, the fact that its falling is reason enough.Got it!
0 Kudos
pbryson
Occasional Contributor
thanks, but was never trying to find out why the stock was falling , or trying to blame anything or anyone for its decline. If you read the post you will see I never (and still donA't ) cared about is reason for decline (thatA's probably obvious to everyone even non traders), I was actually asking a question if anyone else noticed the trading pattern , that in my opinion looked like short traders getting out . I am amazed how the current state of the share influences how people read a post on it, they just assume (without really reading) that the submitter wants to know why itA's at the current state. I wonder now if the A"annoying bunch A" you refer to were getting annoyed about people responding without reading properly.
0 Kudos
pbryson
Occasional Contributor
Ok Simon.. I have re read my post a few times, and for the life of me, I canA't find where I wrote that I blamed the decline of UUU on short traders, or in fact even discuss the decline in UUU. But you are apparently due respect, and your opinion is valid. So if you say I wrote that , then I will have to assume I wrote it , and I apologise.
0 Kudos
Penny_Pincher
Super Contributor
Don't feel bad you are in good company, you were quoted out context, politicians are always quoted out of context.
0 Kudos
pbryson
Occasional Contributor
lol thanks, feel more like the falsely accused, with no lawyer, against the state, than a politician.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
YOu specifically said - Once the "shorters" are out hopefully weight will shift to the buyers side. This statement in context means, once the shorters are out the price will rally. Therfore, your implication is that hte price is not rallying, because shorters are holding it back. In fact, your entire post was centred around shorters preventing the price from rising by entering trades below the bid price (which is exactly what I would do if I wanted to offload stock, since otherwise I run the risk of being partially filled only).
0 Kudos
pbryson
Occasional Contributor
skaaptjop, I have grasped your opinions, thanks for the contribution.
0 Kudos
striker
Super Contributor
- Okey dokey then - glad that's all cleared up.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
27 posts later ..
0 Kudos
Ninja
Super Contributor
peebo.....how can you be so damn stupid......we can all read your post. damn this chat room has finalised what i been thinking for ages....***** chat, ***** trading, adios all its been interesting. this is ninja checking out.....as always, may the charts be with you.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
You are getting slated for a wrong choice of words. Looking at the share (yes I have purchased UUU a short, oops! while back) and I am in the money by a good margin (10.4% after all costs) in a week, and looking at the offers this morning there are 4 positions open and the volumes are nothing but stupid. I am not a guru like tjops and Simon but a 10.4% gain in my books is good. Will read (or listen) to the discussion the 9th of August and see where the share is heading. Oh, and I trade on technicals only so it means I am in for the short (oops, again) run only.
0 Kudos