Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Should i dump Exxaro shares????//

Preston
Super Contributor
Hi All I have bought exxaro shares which including Brokerage Fee comes to R76,00 per share. i have seen that Exxaro share not performing well. My question is should i dump these share and take a loss? 2. What are the future prospect of these shares
0 Kudos
12 REPLIES 12
CE
Super Contributor
Question is, what do you do then ? If it was me, I would hold on. All depends on you, do you need the moolah ect ect.
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Thanks for the advise. Is there any reason that you are aware of that has seen exxaro shares drop so steeply from the date i purchased it.
0 Kudos
CE
Super Contributor
Preston - not advice, it it what I would do and I could be wrong as well. I aslo hold EXX (@ R60).
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Hi Preston. Did you read Standard's Technical Analysis for today - 24 April 2007on Exxaro? Regards,BTTB.
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Hi there Thanks for directing me to the technical report. To be quiet honest i must have seen that functionality more than once , but i did not care to open that report. The report state that a recommendation of "stay long" should be adopted. Question: What are your view about that recommendation?
0 Kudos
DST
Super Contributor
Preston old chap - I sense you are asking inappropriately here. Is your gym instructor on leave, or what?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Hehe. I wish I had all the answers. EXX is under performing the JSE like a lot of other shares at present. EXX will probably go down first before it goes up. I tend to agree with the report that it may drop to 6000 and perhaps even 5750, which may be a good buying opportunity for people who aren't in. But in your case you paid too much for those shares and your timing was probably around the release of their Financial Statements which were not great, plus there was no dividend declared. In the long term I think Exxaro will be a good share and make lots of people money, but not at this moment. Unless EXX release a Sens that could change all of that. Welcome to the ups and downs of share trading. :)
0 Kudos
Quakedog
Super Contributor
Hold them till you 60 brother!!!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
EXX touched a double fibo support at R61 yesterday. Today we watch whether she breaks downwards or bounces upwards.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
Preston, the question is your intention when you bought them. If looking for a short term gain then you should have a stop loss in place. etc. Either way intention informs exiting.
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
0 Kudos