Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Silver Notes

sponono
Super Contributor
bought at R152 on falling wedge break-out in February. Made a profit of 50% which has now been reduced to only 13%. Do I hold and risk the small profit seeing that the trend is down or do I sell and take a small profit.?.
0 Kudos
15 REPLIES 15
Not applicable
so you going to keep us in suspense forever, or are you going to let the cat the bag and tell us the answer now?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
so you going to keep us in suspense forever, or are you going to let the cat the bag and tell us the answer now?
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
you should have moved your stop to lock in at least 50% of the 50% profit you made.You would have been stopped out at a profit and skaap would be out of suspense
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
the link is to an article .. Silver - don't panic
0 Kudos
Fredsed
Super Contributor
Silver futures market manipulation via unprecedented 5 margin hikes in 3 weeks. After this episode, bar another Krakatoa, if you believe no QE3 coming then upside is limited, sell everything. If not, then silver at $100 is evidently more than possible. I find that hypnotherapy improves my guesswork.
0 Kudos
fusion12321
Frequent Contributor
hi freddie. hows your mom ??
0 Kudos
Yatagan
Frequent Contributor
0 Kudos
prancing_horse
Super Contributor
Vernon Koekemoer or Chuck Norris?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Well looking at a point and figure chart of $-Silver the price objective is 20 Dollars..will get there? who knows, bet you none expected this big a drop to $34..my view expect the unexpected. Nice article by the way
0 Kudos
striker
Super Contributor
- I'm holding. In these turbulent times ,Silver is the next safest haven to gold - further $ weakness is looming.
0 Kudos
Fredsed
Super Contributor
Long commodity setups are popping up like the proverbial green shoots. Waiting until I can see the white of their eyes. Guns loaded. Nothing much from hereabouts except ALSI futures and chartist giving out trade the price, mainly to himself - so monotonous. PM followers are as scarce as RHS.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Silver turning south again it seems..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
yip silver nearly down 5% looks like a dead cat bounce to me
0 Kudos
Fredsed
Super Contributor
Gold not keen to give. Even the spoof about Geithner unhappy to sell Fort Knox ($400 bil) to delay US debt ceiling ($14295 bil) hike (QE3) is not working. A US with no gold, and their debt with hardly a dent in it, not going to happen. Now if gold were valued at 10 fold more... but who would buy it then?
0 Kudos