Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Silver exposure

Franksays
Frequent Contributor
Hi all, how would you go about getting exposure to silver? I've heard of the Perth Mint, but seems cumbersome. I've seen the gold and Plat warrants, but anyone know if there is an ETF associated with this? Thanks
0 Kudos
14 REPLIES 14
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
currently your best bet is your local flea market .. next month absa launch a silver etn ..
0 Kudos
Franksays
Frequent Contributor
Thanks - whats the main different between an ETF and ETN? ETF backed by physical and ETN?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
etn does not have to be backed by the psychhical .. so the risk is that they can't pay an as such depends on their balance sheet ..
0 Kudos
SIMBA
Super Contributor
It is not for me to judge or offer advice on your hobby but you can arrange aprivate meeting to get to know more about silver by checking out. claytonmoore.tirpod.com
0 Kudos
SIMBA
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
an apparently ou can buy silver bars (and pay vat) at lakeshoretrading.co.za
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
may I sugest you go to an auction of antiques.. buy the silver cuttlery,as it often sells below its nav for the silver and you at least get to use it. or at least some beutifully craftes piece from yester year... at least that way it will never lose its value if you are wrong about the end of the world coming.
0 Kudos
HateGauteng
Super Contributor
. . . and the heavier pieces can be used as a traditional weapon!
0 Kudos
Franksays
Frequent Contributor
Thanks for all the input
0 Kudos
Not applicable
GT247 has a silver spread, which due to its tendency to rocket up and down, I am using John's block trading system to good effect. Thanx John, will try the spoons too.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
great news.. it has been working nicley in this market.. when shall I send my bank details for my cut?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Also you might want to find out from Lone Ranger and Tonto if the horse minds being exposed too ;-)
0 Kudos
jannie2
Contributor
look into GB Gold ( gbg) I am not sure how or how much but they do have some exposure to silver mining.- In Australia I think - You will have to go into it - I just remember reading something in a artilce the other day.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Will send you silver cutlery. Just don't rub them too hard as the silver might come off.
0 Kudos