Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Simmers dropping

Conrad_1
Contributor
Is Simmer turning into a Dimmer?
0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
yrg
Frequent Contributor
SIM has done this repeatedly since it broke out at R1.50. Past experience has shown that patience pays off. OMO. However the selling by the CEO of R20 million does concern me (after he said its worth 3 times as much)
0 Kudos
Conrad_1
Contributor
I tend to agree with you. I got in quite early so patience is the game here. The fact that Miller sold shares did raise an eyebrow or two!
0 Kudos
yrg
Frequent Contributor
I wonder if its illegal for a CEO to say that a share is worth 3 times what its trading at - thereby increasing the price - then selling for a nice profit before it plummets ...
0 Kudos
Plonky
Super Contributor
We had an interesting discussion about this last week. Maybe the King knew more than what he was telling his loyal subjects. Just ask the ignorant millionaires amongst us ! (ref. JMC)
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
It is its called insider trading but it is almost imposible to prove. I do think that the thing to do is follow what they DO and not what they say. It was not the kind of sale one makes cos you need a bit of cash to pay for the wifes credit card.
0 Kudos
yrg
Frequent Contributor
You obviously not married John ... (LOL)
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
I am, thats why I HAVE TO TRADE>
0 Kudos