Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Simon Brown..An excellent idea

Preston
Super Contributor
In light of the fact that we are a trading family, can I suggest a get together at year end at the lawn at OST. However there are a few basic rules. 1. Everyone outside beautiful gauteng, need to pay for their own plane ticket and also car hire. 2. On arrival at JHB international airport,each and every member visit the local spar/pick 'n pay an buy the R10 braai pack which consist on one sausage and one chop. 3. Every member brings their own alcohol, if that is impossible they can always visit the Local shabeen in Soweto. 4. Every member bring at least 6 coal to be place on the braai and I think Standard Bank can provide the lighter, obviously with its brand name clearly printed on it. I have got a feeling this could work?
0 Kudos
23 REPLIES 23
sk_1
Super Contributor
and if it rains..... do you think STD Bank may sponsor a young varsity student who will one day do lots and lots of trades every day?
0 Kudos
Jim_Bean
Regular Contributor
Simon do we need to bring plates, cups/glasses or will Std bank provide those, thinking about it a few aluminium chairs would be nice! btw, count me in!
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Could be an excellent opportunity for networking with important members of OST i.e Directors etc. But you must be prepared to share your braai pack with them.
0 Kudos
sk_1
Super Contributor
Hey pdk, I,ll sponsor your charcoal!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I'll bring the chicken.
0 Kudos
sk_1
Super Contributor
At last we'll find out if Preston is male or female (lol)
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Definately a male. Think of Richard Gere.
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
I definately don't look like him .
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
i'll snatch one of those aliminium chairs for m'self,with SBK logo there on of course!
0 Kudos
sk_1
Super Contributor
I went to an RMB function recently where they gave us the chairs, picknic basket and tablecloth as well as a bottle of chilled white wine....did not have to snatch anything
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Did RMH also give you those little forggie keyring. Excellent in annoying people in the office.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I was thinking miss Doubtfire
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Not to worry, I will definately have hot flash when i see you.
0 Kudos
sk_1
Super Contributor
No, but the picknic basket was full of food!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Don't need the froggie thing - already annoying
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
You are always first to shoot your arrow ,even when i am making an excellent suggestion. Any ideas from your side?
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
At least i will get the opportunity to see Chartist and Pdk and the rest of the family.
0 Kudos
SIMBA
Super Contributor
Will i be allowed to attend..as i missed the origional invite.....
0 Kudos
CAPITALIST_RUNN
Frequent Contributor
make sure all the coastal invites travel via Lanseria and not Tambo! Don't want them robbed!
0 Kudos