Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Simon - Easy Trader

_nova
Super Contributor
Are there any issues with the jscript when launching charts in easy trader? I keep getting jscript page errors and not able to launch charts moet o the time
0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
Levitt
Regular Contributor
Same here, some graphs are loading fine, while others keeps loading forever, and some graphs just say 'no data available.'
0 Kudos
HateGauteng
Super Contributor
I got around the "no data available" by closing the graph and re-opening it. A schlep though since now have to resize it.
0 Kudos
_nova
Super Contributor
tried that but it seldom works. This is a problem with jscript error handlers in silverlight, why you get the yellow triangle bottom left of the page. checked java etc and I'm updated. The problem is in the source code launching
0 Kudos
Levitt
Regular Contributor
That helps sometimes. So when will Price Stream stop functioning?
0 Kudos
_nova
Super Contributor
Anyone else getting similar errors on Easy Trader? This is definitely a problem with the Silverlight app. The link provided is pretty useless so you got to go look for explanations on forums etc. Bottom line, until MS sorts this, it's unlikely any o us using XP will have any happiness using Easy Trader. Here are the details of the issue and some resources to understand why you're getting nowhere: Webpage error details: Message: Access is denied. https://securities.standardbank.co.za/ost/sp/SmartClientLauncher/LaunchSmartClient.aspx Message: Unhandled Error in Silverlight Application Error 0x1709. Debugging resource strings are unavailable. See http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=106663&Version=3.0.50106.0&File=mscorrc.dll&Key=0x1709 0x80020101 at MS.Internal.XcpImports.CheckHResult(UInt32 hr) at MS.Internal.XcpImports.Host_SetNavigationState(String state) at System.Windows.Interop.SilverlightHost.set_NavigationState(String value) URI:https://securities.standardbank.co.za/ost/sp/SmartClientLauncher/LaunchSmartClient.aspx The above link is useless. Try the following: If you're using XP, uninstall Silverlight. Re-install V3.0 from http://www.silverlight.net/ This worked for me, for now. we'll see if it lasts as I think Silverlight is drowning in bugs.You could also try V4.0RC (haven't done myself) though if 3.0 is anything to go by 4.0 probably introduces 2 new bugs for each one fixed in 3.0!
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
we rolled out an update this morning that had a bug and didn;t work on IE7 .. now rolled back so workign ..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I have taken this up in another thread, but given what _nova has said above, I think this is an appalling state of affairs. How on earth can you release a critical piece of software that is full of bugs? I would suggest you suspend the release of Easy Trader until it works and can be clearly shown to be an improvement on Price Streamer. And how about a bit of a customer relationship exercise? A beta test period? A choice? Not impressed!
0 Kudos
Levitt
Regular Contributor
Thanks for the update!
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
Microsoft and all the other companies roll out new equipment all the time that is full of bugs,seems to be the way with software and in the case of Microsoft they never seem to get right!
0 Kudos
_nova
Super Contributor
terentius, I don't think the problem is with Easy Trader so much as with Silverlight being bug-riddled. Read my post again. Also, there was a beta period and Simon went to some pains to advise that Easy Trader is an incremental work in progress. We will have to be patient. So far the functionality that introduces live futures pricing and charts is one heck of a step up for OST so I'm hopeful that something good will come of this. It can't be easy for the OST developers to DEV when the sourcecode dev app needs to be back in dev. It's like trying to thread a needle with someone slapping you behind the ear everytime you get the thread into the eye :-)
0 Kudos