Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Simon - I'm assuming you went long yesterday based on your lazy system?

Not applicable
0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
john_1
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Have been trading an adapted version of what I think Simon's system is since January last year, and it has really performed well. I went long on Thursday at the close ...
0 Kudos
Salv
Frequent Contributor
Care t o share your version of the system? Still dont quit get simons, its alot more complex when ur a novice unfortunatly.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
MA crossover (13 day ema) as entry point, stop is entry point less/plus average true range for the past 5 days (i.e. if entry on a long position (i.e. a close above the 13 day ema) is 18000 and ATR = 500, the stop is set at 17500. Move the stop every day (only in the direction of the trade) based on the close of that day (simply by adding/subtracting the ATR to/from the closing price). I also always move the stop (in the direction of the trade) using the next fib retracement. I use 5% of my trading capital to determine position size (this means that when the ATR is high, my positions are smaller, and when the ATR is low, my positions are bigger). Exits are either being stopped out, or based on fib extensions (this is the creative part that you need to develop for yourself). I completely ignore gaps and patterns.
0 Kudos
Plato
New Contributor
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
Doesn't Simon's system need green at 4.30 today to enter? (second greed above the 15 ema, if the 30/60 cross shows long term trend is up .... Sorry, its not as "simple" for me, I'm not sure I get it yet.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
0 Kudos