Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Simon PB .. From your presentation

zeeman
Occasional Contributor
Hi Simon. During your presentation, when speaking of Charts TA, Primary / Secondary Trends .. when looking at a share chart .. what do i use as my secondary chart and which as my primary? More importantly .. you spoke of Green line being above Red line etc.. when selecting 30 and 60 .. do i use 30 as green or 60 and select EMA, SMA or WMA?? .. what are the differences? Thanks!
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Not applicable
Though both classified as primary colours, and share many other commonalities, red and green are entirely separate entities when put in the context of the physiological response of the eye to light.

Humans and other species with three types of color receptors are known as trichromats. These species respond to the light stimulus via a three-dimensional sensation, which can generally be modeled as a mixture of three primary colors. Protanopes and deuteranopes see no perceptible difference between red, orange, yellow, and green. All these colors that seem so different to the normal viewer appear to be the same color for this two percent of the population.

The colour green enjoys its highest intensity at a wavelength of 546.1(nm) while red is most intense at roughly 700nm (Though no real display device uses such primaries, as the extreme wavelengths used for violet and red result in a very low luminous efficiency.) Additive mixing of red and green light produces shades of yellow, orange, or brown.
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
Most taxi drivers are protanopes.They can't tell the difference between red and green.
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Huh...Stop describing Simon tie?
0 Kudos
duke_vest
Frequent Contributor
excellent super idego, for a second there i thought i was caught up in a documentary narrated by david attenborough
0 Kudos
zeeman
Occasional Contributor
SUPER ADEGO ... how many TUSCAN villa did u shorten lately ????
0 Kudos