Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Simon PB - Price Streamer

Tenor
Contributor
Hi Simon ... Could you please provide me with a number of someone at Standard Bank who could assist me with my technical difficulties with Price Streamer. I have tried everything .
0 Kudos
15 REPLIES 15
john_1
Super Contributor
Cancel subscription now, then go to IGmarkets.co.uk and open a demo account. At the same time open a real account( no money needed but you do require FICA doc to be posted which you do first thing in the morning. You then phone them and ask for SA shares to be listed on your account and off you go. Best of all its free.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
PS Simon is in Durban doing a lecture hence the lack of responce.
0 Kudos
Tenor
Contributor
Thank you very much.... I appreciate your reply... I have been waiting from monday for someone to help, missed out on some exciting trading me thinks..... Will do exactly that.... Cheers
0 Kudos
Picky
Regular Contributor
Tenor , also followed Johns advice a while back, it took a bit of time to get fica cleared, In the meantime go to www.quotetracker.com download the parcel, register on the jse and get prices as near to dammit as real time, if you need assistance setting it up.. shout
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I followed Picky's advice regarding quotracker a while back - this prog is prolly the best freebee I ever got... thanks again Picky
0 Kudos
Taurus
Super Contributor
Tenor if i can add my 1c worth, they wont solve your probleme, they beleive they have a exelent product and wont budge...acording to them my probeme was because i use I-Burst and they promised to look into it..Mr Simon never did. So i moved to PSG online wich is only R70,00 and you can trade from the live trader. I could and did not use price streamer for many months and they refuse to refund me....
0 Kudos
Not applicable
This website may give you some things you can try, If you wanna try to fix it yourself. Best of luck - you'll need it... http://www.berns.ch/windows_xp/unnnecessary_services.html
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
The link to the JSE.co.za is not working to register, any alternative?
0 Kudos
Tenor
Contributor
It seems to me that there are quite a number of unhappy customers when it comes to Price Streamer. I know that my R99 per month wont be missed when I de - Register, but anyone In a managing capacity connected to this site should be alarmed when a faulty product becomes every second post on the Forum.... Thanks for all the help from the other traders.
0 Kudos
Picky
Regular Contributor
John, I've tried from my side, got through
0 Kudos
Taurus
Super Contributor
This has been going on since the launch of the product i dont know how long ago, if you have a look on PSG forum...no complains at all.
0 Kudos
_nova
Super Contributor
if the streamer is ever going to work... it needs two features... [1] time series that allow at least 10 and 30 minute candles (1 min is just too noisy) and [2] overlay charts that allow at least 4 series on 10 base 100
0 Kudos
_nova
Super Contributor
oh, and live index charts for FTSE, DOW, DAX, ASX etc
0 Kudos
Not applicable
If you need FX and Commodity realtime streaming prices go to www.fxstreet.com. Really good charting...
0 Kudos
Ginny
Contributor
is the IG markets platform thought to be a good one to trade alsi futures intraday? looking for a reliable and reasonable platform with good realtime charts. Very confusing out there with all the different offers. Advice and opinions much appreciated. Thanks
0 Kudos