Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Simon, SBK -IT

Apis
Occasional Contributor
Hello Simon, I place an order sometimes early morning and later decide to modify the same. SBK does not update the cancel order until shortly before 09:00 and the available trading funds are reduced. This causes sometimes hectic - especially when having to attend a meeting at 09.00... Regards M
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Not applicable
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
LOL..The market she does open at 9am..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Hi Apis, not sure why you're having problems. Normally before the market opens, your orders are always pending i.e. not captured into the system so you should be able to chop and change them without too much of a delay. I often place pendings orders after the market closes and should I change my mind before the next trading session commences i.e. market opens, I have no difficulty in cancelling the order. In theory the pending orders are easier to cancel because they're not in the system yet so there's no need for the system to check for any matching/ partially matched trades. Hope you sorted!
0 Kudos
Apis
Occasional Contributor
Thank you for your help. I phoned OST yesterday morning and their IT could see my order and told me it will take a while to cancel it....so I left it until shortly before 09:00. The problem is my trading fund were also "reserved" already so I can not make another buy or sell. Letssee... Thanks M.
0 Kudos