Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Simon? SSF's

_nova
Super Contributor
I note no stop loss icon against SSF trades. Do I simply enter an opposite order at my stop loss level?
0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
Rams
Super Contributor
looks like Simon still on the beach
0 Kudos
_nova
Super Contributor
After 4 years (yes chartist days back then) of using other, better trading platforms for futures I thought I would come back here and test this platform to see if any improvements were made. Put on a small SSF trade and trying to track it live is an unmitigated disaster. For those who understand, no explanation necessary... for those who don't... no explanation possible.
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
except for ALSI, i dont trade futures because of the stop loss issue.
0 Kudos
_nova
Super Contributor
you're still going to have two massive problems which OST very well know of and which I strongly suspect are deliberate flaws left in the way the platform is designed... to fleece traders as of neccessity they will be forced to reactively open and close positions because it is near impossible to track live trading on this platform. That in effect means high volume brokerage fees for OST. When I compare with, for example eSignal, IG Markets or even Omni Trader then then the OST platform is a dinosaur. The first problem is that you have to continuously navigate several just to keep a view of basics i.e. the underlying, the SSF instrument, market depth (which on this platform is a joke), having to manually refresh all screens, and trying to keep track of your position relative to the market. The 2nd major issue is that those "live" charts are a total joke as there's consistent differences between live quotes, the live charts, and the position trackers, while the live SSF charts are indecipherable. And I won't mention the legion of bugs in the charts. Methinks I'll head to greener pastures for another 4 years and you'd be well advised to go educate yourself on other platforms available out there...
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
err nova, with respect .. you're making a fool of yourself, esp wrt SSF .. do some homework an then try again ..
0 Kudos
EyeNvest
Contributor
go Simon - Surfs up - waiting for the "dumper"
0 Kudos