Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Simon-Stop loss on futures

platsak
Super Contributor
Simon. I set a stop loss on a futures. When I check on the system it says I have not set any stopllosses. Is a stop loss on a future only valid for a day meaning I must reset the stoplosses every morning. This is gettin to be an issue because the market being the way it is at the moment keeps catching me unawares. With a 12-18hour schedule I simply dont always have the time to reset every day.
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Not applicable
i tried to set a dtop loss this morning but it seems that it isn't being calculated properly. Short EXX but i want to set a stop loss of 400c but the system just adds the value on to the bid price i.e. 10653c cost price but trailing stop loss 10653400c??? Please help, this is no fun
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
valid for 30 days. An remember two things, if you have an inverse order (ie, buy if short or sell if long) in the market for the SSF you own the stop loss will not trigger. Secondly set the stop loss level on the SSF price, not the underlying price. Work out the SSF price from the matrix.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Is it possible for SBK to install Stop Losses linked to the Underlying Share Price?
0 Kudos