Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Simon, Today was your lazy system to go long?

Electrox
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
11 REPLIES 11
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
nope .. now that 30 is above 60 trend is up .. but the trigger would be the EOD crossing from below to above 15 ema .. so a pull back first .. an that pull back may switch the 30/60 .. this is when the system is less stable, at the turns ..
0 Kudos
Salv
Frequent Contributor
Parden my ignorance, what is EOD?
0 Kudos
JRW
Occasional Contributor
So are you still in your short position entered last week then?
0 Kudos
ws
Frequent Contributor
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Simon, this does sound like the overlap I asked you about last time and you said never happened. So the stop rules for your lazy trade system would be as follows: 20% initial stop until 20% profit is shown, thereafter 2 increasingly losing days, or reverse entry trigger BUT with a crossover of the 15 day EMA.
0 Kudos
Electrox
Super Contributor
I see now simon.. That would probably be a safer bet to wait for a cross above from under.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
nah, exit is 20% trailing stop until break even. Then a lower low (if long) or higher high if short on the EOD index stops me out ..
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
So Simon, you're already stopped out then?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
Simon for your sake and all us regulars,is it not possible to have a section of chat forum where your lazy system can be placed ,with your updates from time to time.Any other forumite should also be able to place their stratergy there....This will save you explaining again and again your system.....Also a good place to name any books traders should read?
0 Kudos
SKALA
Super Contributor
0 Kudos