Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Simon please consider the following

Parttimer
Frequent Contributor
Hi Simon, firstly I must say thanks as I think that your educational programs are excellent and it really great for us novice investors. I'd just like to add one more suggestion. We constantly look at stocks but forget about the bond markets which is an important hedge to any portfolio. Is there any way you can do a program which gives us the ill informed information as to how to make a long term directional call on the bond market, i.e how to look at global indicators and trends to give insight as to how to come up with some sort of an educated guess. Also included in this program should be an entire discussion as to how to interpret indicators to better make both long and short term stock investment decisions. Thanks again and keep up the good work
0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
Preston
Super Contributor
That is indeed a really excellent suggestion.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
Parttimer, yip great idea albeit I'll either have to find an expert or bend my head to understand it all, but will do ..
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Simon some ideas in the form of questions 1. Why do a country issue or play in the bond market? 2. Relationship between Interest rate Yield and Bond price? 3. Relationship between the Bond market and equity market? 4. Some of the disadvantage of Band market in relation to equity market? Hope this help Mr Brown?
0 Kudos
Parttimer
Frequent Contributor
Mr B, you are a smart man and will figure out how to manage it. Information is everywhere and readily available. Its those who analyse and interpret them diligently will make decent returns. Investing is not about gut feel, but a verification of that gut feel through an analytical approach. I read the book about John Paulson called the greatest trade. Here were a bunch of guys who never invested in the real estate sector but saw an abnormality in defaults through daily/weekly andlysis of public data. This info was available to everyone but only these guys managed to convert a couple of hundred million into $21b over two years. Data is everything and serves us well to either confirm or reject a gut feel.
0 Kudos
Longshot
Occasional Contributor
0 Kudos
Parttimer
Frequent Contributor
Yep, but greed is an personal choice my friend!!!
0 Kudos
Taipan
Occasional Contributor
Simon where can we get the details of your EOD ALSI system
0 Kudos
Taipan
Occasional Contributor
Simon where can we get the details of your EOD ALSI system
0 Kudos