Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Simon please help

Mr_S
Super Contributor
I seem to be getting charged 50 - 100c per live quote i request. when i enquired about this with OST they told me to check if i dont have 'always live' etc which i dont! whats going on? im sitting on negative 4328c quotes bank balance. this morning alone ive gained by 500c and iv had live quotes only 5 times..wats up
0 Kudos
18 REPLIES 18
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
where did you check always live? portfolio on home page, watch list o hom epage, watch list page etc. ?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
according to the watch list your home page watch list is the problem?
0 Kudos
Mr_S
Super Contributor
Thanks for the response, the only place where it says live price is in the top left hand corner under quick share. my watch list is always on delayed.
0 Kudos
cfm
Super Contributor
Mr S. If you scroll down on the main page to the table showing your watchlist, you will notice three options. Delayed, live and always live. The same three options are available when you click "My detailed watchlist" in the menu. Make sure that those are set to Delayed.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I have asked OST on numerous occasions, but never get a reply. When one trades obviously you get hit for 13c to get market depth, but then when one confirms the trade another 13c is taken off. Is this correct? I don't remember this always being the case. So in other words every trade costs 26c.
0 Kudos
Mr_S
Super Contributor
cfm everything is on delayed but when i do select 'live' and go, it charges me! this afternoon it was 133c per quote!!!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Now this reply does not come up although it indicates there are 6 replies.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
OK working now.
0 Kudos
Mr_S
Super Contributor
wish i cud say the same! OST seems to have no idea wat im talking about here!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Another thing they don't understand and it is a few months since my query - they manage to zap every share on the watchlist as live on the homepage in spite of not having asked for live prices. This happens when the dot is on closing. I just am careful not to go to home just before and just after closing. Haven't squandered the quotes balance to check lately but they have also not come back to me confirming that it is fixed. Had this problem also in Nov 2007 and eventually it did come right after I kept on nagging and Simon also nagged them. The only reason it got fixed was probably because Simon was involved. Where are you Simon?! When I complained 2 months ago they said it was being referred to IT but so far not a peep from them. I think that they think we don't know what we are doing!!
0 Kudos
Theater_Cat
Super Contributor
For +- R50 a month you can have price streamer and all the live quotes you want...
0 Kudos
Mr_S
Super Contributor
hmmm why doesnt OST do the same? i mean is it really even neccessary to have quotes bank balances if we get the stuff free anyway..simon i would like to know..
0 Kudos
Theater_Cat
Super Contributor
I'm refering to OST's price streamer for only +- R50 a month. Recommend it.
0 Kudos
Amar
Contributor
I used to also worry about using too many quotes, last month i clicked on my quote balance from the homepage and got the following explanation: You can run your "Quotes Bank" account into debit. The maximum number of shares quotes that you can be charged for per month is 526 quotes with depth or 977 quotes without depth or R68.40. The maximum number of indice quotes that you can be charged for is 319.2 quotes or R15.96. Every quote there after is free. We will then debit your bank account at the end of each month along with the admin fee if applicable. Please note that there is no maximum fee for SMS's, i.e. you will pay for all SMS's sent to you. So basically just run it to the max which is R68.40, then u can just keep your homepage and watchlists live.... If you use this site to trade it would be nearly impossible to keep your used quotes to less than this....
0 Kudos
Not applicable
price streamer is R99 pm
0 Kudos
Not applicable
They would have to pay me to use this, what a load of S#%t
0 Kudos
Not applicable
But why Hennie?You can get any number of live quotes/prices for a fixed monthly rate of R99.Well worth it....Why do you have reservations about this?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
When it works yes !! down most of the time
0 Kudos