Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Simon regarding Chartist

Not applicable
Look, I don't have the ins and outs but the forum lacks a whole level since Chartists removal. Others have gone with him. Or their input has deminished. It appears personal for you from this level. If this forum is to be more than a bunch of newbies asking the same questions we can get it from various other sites. It was something more. There are always various dynamics and one can choose one to justify why you've grown or lost customers the you once had the most educational and exciting forum in SA. I have waited. But it is since Chartist's demise rather purile. It must be a dynamic in the future success of the trading platform.
0 Kudos
47 REPLIES 47
ian_kotze
Regular Contributor
0 Kudos
MAGICIAN
Frequent Contributor
Sadly - what's done is done, but there is no doubt that this forum has become sterile and boring in recent months.
0 Kudos
divz
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
niemand
Contributor
Anyone know if Chartist is still makeing those TA videos? And if so, are they hosted somewhere?
0 Kudos
_Marco_
Frequent Contributor
this guy seems like he was really good, pity we don't have someone of that sort posting over here
0 Kudos
richardw
Super Contributor
Guys, if the last few months is a guide, moaning about it will get you nowhere. You have to either get Chartist to apologise, or get Simon to change the forum rules. Talking about how wonderful he was doesn't get you closer to one of those two. Again, if I had a mate who got banned I'd within minutes make sure I was on the same forum as him, wherever that was. What I wouldn't do is periodically try push the same water up the same hill unless I had a better plan that seems likely to produce a different result than previous attempts.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
nothing to do with apologising .. never was ..
but surely the large point is (and frankly I think chartist would agree on this) .. if the forum only succeeds because of one person, then it's in truth not much of a forum ??
0 Kudos
richardw
Super Contributor
So what would get him back?
(Sorry, for some reason your mail to him about "call me and we'll talk" sounded a bit like you wanted him to say sorry, he wouldn't do it again)
0 Kudos
richardw
Super Contributor
Frankly I'm still in therapy trying to get the images of carressed floating orbs out of my head, so I'm not terribly keen to go back there. *shiver*
0 Kudos
Shard
Super Contributor
I'm less active as a result, agreed the forum is full of newbies fishing for punts. I find the forum less constructive because there are fewer knowledgeable contributors.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Now newbies is giving advice to other newbies , and slowly newbies are getting phased out because of ill trading as a lack of experienced chartists giving top tips, that could have made the newbies stay. So Std Bank loses their clients.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Wow, so sad!!! ... What a bunch of parasites
0 Kudos
Not applicable
A newbie and his money will part, no matter what the advice. I don't think Chartist was a lot of help to people who were not day traders, but his ***** charisma attracted a lot of other interesting characters to the forum. Things were more lively in the John-dissing days...
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Ya Look this thread highlights exactly the problem.... Everybody want to recieve information..or be entertained.. I don't post much because very view are here trying to make an effort to share or laugh or both. A forum is not about Chartist and me publicaly having a vent at our diffrent approaches. Its about people bringing understanding and richness of their personalities to the party.. every day its the same thing..at what price.. I have lost money.. were do I get a charting package... how do I use my newly aquired charting package... come on people...think, learn, share, laugh and profit!!!
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
I am sure he is still making video's I am just not sure if the "boys from the ***** manstion" or somthing like that qualify as TA although I a sure you would learn a thing or two. Do you really think he got that vid package for TA video's?
0 Kudos
jack12
Super Contributor
Have you ever watched a dog interact with its owner? The dog repeatedly looks at the owner, taking cues constantly. The owner is the leader, and the dog is a pack animal alert for every cue of what the owner wants it to do. (from ewi)
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
So what you want an instuction..sit down, learn somthing useful then come back and talk about it.. now GO!!
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
preferably about somthing other than the stock market. Bring a little colour to the forum.
0 Kudos
jack12
Super Contributor
0 Kudos