Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Simon's system

Salv
Frequent Contributor
Hi Simon, at trade to trade well lecture last naught you made refrence to your moving average crossover system, could please explain how this system works ? Thx
0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
simple that when the shorter MA cuts up through the longer = buy (an inverse for short) .. I add the confirmation that I would look to enter on the next higher bar only ..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Simon's lazy trading system from one of his earlier posts: "When 30 EMA is above 60 EMA, then long only (if below then shorts only). Then when index end of day closes up through 15 EMA, go long next day if green. Top40 only. exit is initially 20% stop on warrant and then lower lows EOD on the index when stop = entry price." I think a short signal if you're long would also indicate an automatic stop in the old direction, and a start of the new. If I'm not mistaken a couple of days ago we had a long entry signal, but thanks heavens I did not enter. My longterm trendfollowing short is still on.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
tx V .. that be another system .. I like lots of lazy methods ..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Simon, why don't you guys introduce a search facility in the share forums, so that we can look up previous threads on this topic
0 Kudos
Salv
Frequent Contributor
Sounds easy enough, what moving acerages do you use for the system in your first post Simon ?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
I like the long to be 3x the short .. so 7 an 21 .. or 10 an 30 .. 15 an 45 .. etc ..
0 Kudos
Salv
Frequent Contributor
0 Kudos