Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Simon - sbk

Not applicable
Can you shed some light on sbk's situation. why did my cost per share drop? Would i get (my deducted shares X R136) on the 3rd of march? thanks alot
0 Kudos
12 REPLIES 12
JohnnyCash
Super Contributor
Hi Simon, also have a Q. I bought SBK SSFs and my holding still reflects the same as Friday. Will this change by the 10% sold and if so when? thanks in advance
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Hi Simon, also have a Q. I would like really to learn how to trade warrant and possible lose my money. Can you please assist. Thanks in advance.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
SBK shares, unit cost price is being corrected as I type, will reflect later.

SSF's, if you were to receive a contract you have it already (you needed to have 18 contracst to get an extra 1). Otherwise you will be getting cash and that that should reflect tomorrow.
0 Kudos
Kappie
Contributor
Q : If i sell my SSf`s now, i take it the cash payout will still be done ?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
warransta re complicated instalments. Read up the stuf on the menu and then throw me the questions.
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Simon,my dear friend ,you did not respond to my query.
0 Kudos
JohnnyCash
Super Contributor
Simon, thanks. So my SSF contracts remain the same and the unit price gets adjusted? With the balance paid out in cash? Why 18 contracts then you get 1 additional contract when the ratio is 11.1%?? Surely 11.1% of your current SSF holdings are to be sold and your ssf holding effectively reduced?
0 Kudos
Shaun_Siddall
Super Contributor
What happens to installments? I sold mine this morning - nothing had changed?
0 Kudos
JohnnyCash
Super Contributor
Hia Simon, any thoughts? much appreciated
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
JC, not reduced as they used the cash you got for the 11.1% to buy up the contracts and then any over cash gets paid out or used for new contracts.

instalments, depends how the issuer did the deal, pay out or adjustments?
0 Kudos
JohnnyCash
Super Contributor
SPB Thanks! So by only holding 10 contracts I'll effectively get paid out the full 11.1% of the underlying value?. This should then have an impact on the SSF-price not so? Cause the units remain the same, the price must change?
0 Kudos
JohnnyCash
Super Contributor
Simon, Still not clear on this unless OTS can circulate exactly what they intend to do? Did the SSF-price change on SBK or not. I can't see how your SSF holding will remain unchanged if they bought 11% of the underlying and I cant see how you would receive an additional contract if you held 18 SSFs? Unless you changed the ssf pricing?
0 Kudos