Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Simon, this JSE is so boring. Teach us something we never knew or don't know like,

Not applicable
What types of shares went up and what went down during the world cup in Germany. I heard from a source that the insurnace industry made the most money in Germany as people insured their businesses and I believ you could even insure your wife against soccer hooligans. I imagine this second part is bull, but what sectors were really effected?
0 Kudos
29 REPLIES 29
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
the last album from Kate Bush was dedicated to her washing machine .. also had a song about washing machines ..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Hahahahahehehehehe. Okay that was a useless piece of information, BUT at least it brings some humor to our boring world.
0 Kudos
Blik
Super Contributor
Now I know you're being facetious there Simon, but sink holes can be heckova interesting....
0 Kudos
HateGauteng
Super Contributor
Can't she just sing about schlongs like normal women do????
0 Kudos
Not applicable
A litre of soda water costs more than a litre of petrol (even excluding the bottle deposit)
0 Kudos
PaulC
Super Contributor
So are you saying we should drink petrol? (I did once in my youth. I dont reccomend it to anyone)
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
an then of couurse there is printer ink .. goes like this, canon makes printer ink .. in order to sell it they make printers .. in order to sell printers they make cameras .. the real profit is the ink ..
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
The average cost of replacing the tablespoon of ink in a 17ml colour printer cartridge is pounds 29, making it sixteen times more expensive than vintage 1985 Dom Perignon Dom Perignon renowned vintage French champagne.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
HG, stick it back in your pants .. I certainly don't wanna see it on the forum ..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
then there is this...decided this morning to take the shiney new rapid transit system from that new greenpoint stadium thing that looks like a dirty washing basket, into the new rapid transit system station at the old civic centre to pay my car licence, just so I wouldnt have to deal with them parking thugs. What I found out is the rapid transit thing will only run from there during matches. However the brand spanking new road from greenpoint to the waterfront has been closed off for the period of the fifa seige, and along with that... the brand new spanking new rapid transit system bus stop with automatic sliding doors in the centre of the road, requiring the new rapid buses to have doors on the wrong side for the unrapid ex transit system...is situated on the road that will be closed. My problem with this is that due to uncompetitive banks, I dont have a cheque book to post my licence application in, so in the same way as the printer ink, the banks are funding the parking irritants!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
All the Actors who have ever played James Bond were First born children.... Lego is the largest manufacturer of vehicle tires in the world.... The driest place in the world is in Antarctica :)
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Most entreupeneers are first borns (which is why I am not bothering to have more than one child)
0 Kudos
richardw
Super Contributor
That's because the Dom Perignon can't print worth $#*%
0 Kudos
Not applicable
a thermos flask can keep things hot and cold...but not at the same time...
0 Kudos
SIMBA
Super Contributor
Regardless of race,colour or creed, why is all pubic hair curley, when your normal locks can be long and flowing????
0 Kudos
Mr_Money
Regular Contributor
Man asks Gods " why do you make women so beautifull" God replies " so that you can love her". Man replies "why do you make them so stupid as well?" , God replies "so that she can love you back"
0 Kudos
jo_soap
Contributor
Why doesn't the chocolate in chocolate chip biscuits melt when the biscuits are baked?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Hey - This is a facts only list. Unanswerable questions must be done at a different counter !!! That counter is closed because the incumbent is off sick / on strike / post is waiting to be filled / there but on lunch / on tea / just finishing off his Kentucky Barrel :)
0 Kudos