Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Simon?

_nova
Super Contributor
Lose the Price Streamer, just retire the piece of crud! Is it really worth the efort to provide such an embarrasment of an app at a measly R99 per month? And I won't comment on the fact that it has only 1 min "noise" charts (inaccurate most of the time). Really, why not charge +R400 per month and provide decent realtime charts with stocks, indices, derivatives, and some global indices and other majors like gold, oil etc? What is it that OST doesn't want to do this? I think you will be pleasantly surprised at how many people will sign up for a quality charting add-on that's embedded in this site.
0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
oh nove .. I think you must be the only person not beta testign teh new live price system .. going live end March, currently in beta .. contact my call center, they'll put you ontot he beta group ..
0 Kudos
_nova
Super Contributor
Simon, you're the man, I'm speechless! Shows it's been a while since I checked anything on the site. Now you're telling me the good news! I recently gave up on both eSignal and Omni Trader due to the awful bandwidth stability we get here in ZA. I'll give a call or sure, I'll be oh so happy to get hold of a decent live chart with smart timeframes :-)
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
nah nah boet .. small steps .. first we replace price streamer .. then we add real charts .. then trading etc ..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Golly cheez, has Global Traders spread platform taken a turn for the better. Charting is actually good now.
0 Kudos
_nova
Super Contributor
Simon? OK, I get the message and agree, small steps are good with app dev. So far I'm quite impressed with what I'm seeing. I'm keen to help with UAT as it will only benefit me in the end. Do you guys have a formal UAT test script that beta testers can follow, or at least do you have a functional spec that testers can use to baseline functional testing? This will really help to keep focus on testing existing functionality instead of whining for future functionality. If there's someone I can contact for this it would be good!
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
at this late stage the beta testing is merely server capacity .. but will chat as when we work towards newer features ..
0 Kudos