Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Simon

quovadis
Frequent Contributor
From a post some days ago I see that you're now day trading as well. Is that limited to gap trading? If not, are you prepared to share the time frame of the charts you use and (presumably you still trade with the trend) what indicators you use to establish the trend?
0 Kudos
15 REPLIES 15
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
I designed a system for for short term trading for when I am at my desk .. in other words doesn't matter if I miss signals and the exit is just a fre and forget trailing stop .. the system will be included in a new Index Trading course we're launching on 2011 .. simple it is trade in direction of trend only and entry is an engulfing candle .. stop is trialing 50 points .. 15 min chart ..
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
an that is the system .. I am not holding things back, I just like simple and don;t use indicators, oscilators etc ..
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
an not day trading .. intra-day trading .. difference is that the former means being gluued to your PC .. which defeats the point of trading ..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Hey Simon, please don't make the course to expensive. Maybe you can give me and HG a discount seeing how we have contributed much to the SBK xmas tree? Maybe your ad for the course can read something like this: Please attend our latest index trading course. An idiot proof course especially designed for IDIOTS that have contributed to the SBK Make A Billion Program. You are our best clients!
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
will be free .. but can't help id.10.t's .. explaining the system will take all of 5 minutes .. making money from it could take you the rest of your life time .. coz it's all in your head ..
0 Kudos
Frogg
Frequent Contributor
Hi Simon how many points below your trailing stop do you limit your price to
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
1000 .. becoz when I am stopped out I want to get out .. system hates it as they think it is finger trouble so it goes to a dealer rather then DMA ..
0 Kudos
Frogg
Frequent Contributor
1000 points, i am going to give it a bash but limit it to 100 points as my luck 1000 points order will be met
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
that statement already tells me your head is not in the right place and you're unlikely to make a profit ..
0 Kudos
Frogg
Frequent Contributor
good call, lack of sticking with trend and chasing small breakouts been hurting bank roll
0 Kudos
quovadis
Frequent Contributor
Simon ... any secrets as to how you establish the trend when trading off a 15 min chart?
0 Kudos
Frogg
Frequent Contributor
I read somewhere that if a five year old could not identyfy the direction as a trend then it is not a trend
0 Kudos
quovadis
Frequent Contributor
Does the 5 year old trade off a 15 min chart based on a 15 min trend or on a longer term trend? If the latter what time frame is used?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
ifyou trading 15 min chart, all you care about is the 15 min trend .. I use 7 and 21 MA's ..
0 Kudos
quovadis
Frequent Contributor
So you don't determine the trend on a longer time-frame. Txs for sharing your work. Will look at the "system".
0 Kudos