Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Simons Engulfig candle on ALSI futures

Rams
Super Contributor
Anybody traded the EMA crossover and engulfing candle at 10am.Engulfed the 9.45 and 9.30 candles and then big move up!
0 Kudos
14 REPLIES 14
Not applicable
Rams, do you use a 50 pt stop loss? Were you not then stopped out in the next 45 minutes, did you re-enter on 11h00 / 11h15 engulfing candle?
0 Kudos
GGG
Contributor
Are you using Easy Trader charts?
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
I use the low of the engulfing candle as the stop.
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
No. Try futurespros....confirm live prices on Easytrader.
0 Kudos
GGG
Contributor
Thanks Rams. The Easy Trader charts just dont work yet.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Rams did u note the 5 waves down in the present correction.This was part of a running correction which i think just completed.I just closed my short and went long now.
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Not applicable
5 MIN.Go and look at the sp500 perfect example.Alsi not textbook.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Bought at 28490 closed out for evening at 28800.(310 points)
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
Bets,Well done on reversing your position. Was not on 5 min chart today (CRICKET)but just had a look AT ALSI and SP500. You were right about the correction but it now looks like a simple 3 wave ABC correction that started at 14H15 and ended at 16H20.Anyway I hope you profited on the correction also - that was a great setup.....
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Hi Simon , any idea when the easy trader moving averages can be set up properly and is the platform sufficient in your opinion for trading your engulfing Alsi system.
0 Kudos
Ninja
Super Contributor
no its not good enough. Nowhere near - try a real broker - ost still think good charting is a luxury, vote with your cash - why stumble along begging for what you need, you think the pros you trading against are??
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
Easytrader charting not good enuf but acccording to Simon it has not beeen officially launched yet so you cant complain about it to OST....
0 Kudos