Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Simons Lazy System - TOPI

manicks
Regular Contributor
Yest (Thursday) the price on the TOP40 Index crossed its 15 EMA from above and since the 15EMA is below 30EMA this represented a confirmation. Today the price at 4:30pm was below the 15EMA and yesterdays closing price so was this then the trigger to go short today? Please tell me whether i'm on the right path...
0 Kudos
13 REPLIES 13
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
nope, you getting things mixed up .. top40 gave a short earlier in the week and resi20 confirmed on thursday .. tickertalk.co.za got details an tracking ..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Simon - i've heard alot of people talking about this lazy system of yours. Where can i find out what it is and how exactly does it work. Sorry to bother you with this but i'm just keen on learning how this system work exactly. Thanx a mil.
0 Kudos
lasco
New Contributor
I will also like to know how it works.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
GEEZ! READ THE THREAD.. THE LINK, THE DETAILS, THE INFO IS RIGHT INFRONT OF YOU!!!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
geez - went to tickertalk and find some discussions on indexe's being short/long. I want to know how do you get to being in/out.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos
manicks
Regular Contributor
Short trade: a. Trigger: i. The price crosses the 15 day EMA from above. For the trigger as per a (i) above does it mean that the CLOSING price on that day must be below the 15 day EMA or the real time intraday price on that day?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
The price as at 16h30 in the afternoon.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
yes, but the first step is that to even consider a short 30 must be below 60 ..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Is it correct to say then that for a long trigger - the opposite, 30 above 60 for start looking and then a close above 15 ema.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
0 Kudos
manicks
Regular Contributor
Closing price or real time price during day or price at 16h30? Which price do we look at?
0 Kudos