Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Site Down/Slow

Q2W
Super Contributor
Well thought this was last weeks problem but continued this week. What is the reason behind this? May we get a report from the IT side. Beside the volume of traders! Will we see a end to this in the near term future? Will SFM make provision for another 5% drop? How many traders can this site handle?
0 Kudos
14 REPLIES 14
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
problems are resolved and speed back to normal. Issue wasn't number of users.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
What was the problem then and why does it keep happening...I am currently fighting with Standard Home Loans, Standard Business Accounts, Standard Personal Accounts and Standard Insurance Brokers....guess I need to add Standard Financial Markets to my campaign list.
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
Yes but the problem keeps repeating itself and everytime we are told the problem is fixed. Get real!
0 Kudos
Q2W
Super Contributor
Just gives us a report on what went on, will this happen again. Like say tomorrow?
0 Kudos
Picky
Regular Contributor
it was a "ill router" can you believe it!! he he, psgonline the way to go
0 Kudos
Taurus
Super Contributor
Yes PSG never has these problems, and you can place orders in the there version of "Price steamer"...something we here at Online share trading has been asking for for years!!!!!!
0 Kudos
Q2W
Super Contributor
Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80004005' [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Driver's SQLAllocHandle on SQL_HANDLE_DBC failed /code/commonASP/accountSelectList_blueTwo.asp, line 71 This error is popping up again!
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
we're currently experiencing short & intermittent system problems. Techies are working on it.
0 Kudos
peekay
Frequent Contributor
Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80004005' [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Driver's SQLAllocHandle on SQL_HANDLE_DBC failed D:\WEBSITES_07\SECURE.OST.STANDARDBANK.CO.ZA\CODE\CHATFORUM\../../modules/include/page_header.asp, line 232 Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a0030' Error in loading DLL: 'RegExp' /code/chatForum/include/inc_PatternSearchEngine.asp, line 32 I am not impressed. Do Standard Bank use the same software developers as ENATIS? I keep on missing trades. I trade in micro amounts, but that is my choice. I can't operate like this.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos
Dilligaff2
Frequent Contributor
I have 20/20 hindsight, and SOST IT's team have 0/20 foresight or fore571ns ......
....so what would competent proper orderly well-planned UAT < /B> look like, feel like?
How would aggrieved traders feel if there was monetary compensation for system downtime, or would that be expecting real customer-orientation?
0 Kudos
Q2W
Super Contributor
[email protected] - Email me, will forward you an email address. I'm busy with a lady on the phone from JSE surveilance dept. They are looking into the problem.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I just wanna freaking cancel an order that is only 4c below market price and bloody by the shares before they jump up again which I am dam n sure they've done. The whole day has been like this........
0 Kudos