Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Site delays, Simon?

Not applicable
Have yesterday's technical issues been corrected, or will we experience the same sh!t next time there's big movement? Please excuse the language, but I lost out on about 30% yesterday because of this issue.
0 Kudos
12 REPLIES 12
CE
Super Contributor
Not nice to be ignored, is it ?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I guess the problems are still there, that's a lot less nice. I work for an IT company, so I understand some of the difficulties, but the fact remains that when we cost a client money, due to system error, we are liable. The same should apply here.
0 Kudos
RDB
Super Contributor
seems something wrong with futures market currently no movement
0 Kudos
RDB
Super Contributor
futures running, 23,971
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
what do you expect me to say? Are the problems fixed - of course. Will they happen again today - no. But I would have said that yesterday morning if asked. My crystal ball is in for repairs.
0 Kudos
dimitri_1
Occasional Contributor
Simon, no need to be a smart ass. That's a client you're talking to with a genuine concern.
0 Kudos
CE
Super Contributor
To all the youngsters out there, please DO NOT try this line with your customers - won't fly !
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Apologies Simon, the post is not aimed at you, I respect your work, but rather the technical division of SBK... and you are the representative on this forum. So, there's a magical problem that "fixes" itself as volumes decrease or the market closes. From what I understand, this problem has been in the system from day 1. They are inherent to this site and not the JSE feed as reported to us earlier. Instead of blowing us off, as hypochondriacs or the like, something concrete should be done to correct the problem and reported to us, your clients. IMO.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
idego, no worries (an ya I am the face of SFM an as such at the front end in a manner). An lotsa fraid nerves on our market this am - albeit the opening wasn't as bad as I expected (not to say we won't head still lower).

An general comments aimed at no one in particular.

How does the issue fix itself? Why aren't others having the same problems? Are others having the same problem? Was it or wasn't it a JSE (or JSE/London feed) problem. I don't know, I relay info I get in real time, info from my brokers and techies etc.

But one very important point, too claim that we don't care is just plain wrong. We are as concerned as our clients and are consistently looking to improve this service in many different ways.
0 Kudos
casey2
Occasional Contributor
poor show SB , your lack of capacity in dealing with futures trades has been shown. Can`t even contact you via phone ! Futures not trading even though they should be.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
So they care? I am of the opinion that SFM is operating exactly like our gov. Dont care much for upgrading their software.I know that since my acc. was opened, as many as 50 000 new ones were opened. Whatever the reason for this sh!t service,get it right or get out of the market because SFM is misrepresenting itself.While u wait on the phone for 45 min(at the moment),listen to all the other bull***** they try and sell you. I dont know if my trade has been executed, my funds are tied up in their system because of a delay in updating and im still holding on. Caring just doesnt cut it. SFM will be held liable for my loss today!
0 Kudos
Nick_1
Frequent Contributor
THEY ARE COMPLETELY UTTERLY C R A P. NO ***** EXCUSES!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ive hade to redo same trades on buy side 3 times! Then on sell side the same. Phoned DB who hedged me out! DB PICKS UP PHONE ON 3RD RING!!!! Then waited more than 10minutes for SBK to pick up to try and cancel my order thats been sitting on the system for 10 minutes AND TO REPLACE IT WITH THE HEDGED TX, ONLY TO FIND OUT THAT MY TRANSACTION HAS ALREADY GONE THROUGH. Had to phone DB back to apologize to them in that I DID NOT NEED THE HEDGE CAUSE THE TX ACTUALLY WENT THROUGH!!! (AGAIN PICKED UP IN 3 RINGS!!!!) SBK Operator immediately started explaining the FEED PROBLEM BLA BLA BLA! The FEED has nothing to do with the cash balance or my holdings WHICH IN FACT NOW SHOWS 2 SALES AND IM STILL HOLDING THE WARRANT AS WELL. 456'sakes!!!!!!!!!!!! IM CLOSING MY ACCOUNT (already decided yesterday but this is the clincher). SIMON, good luck mate, u may have bitten off too much with this on cause u gonna eat k@k the whole time for nuttin of ur own doing!!
0 Kudos