Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Six straight days of losses !

striker
Super Contributor
My screen is bleeding ; Red is dripping everywhere ! The Bears are savaging us. How long will this slaughter last? Are the Bulls an extinct breed?
0 Kudos
25 REPLIES 25
Galuc
Super Contributor
This is ugly, the pain is relentless, whichever way I trade, I am getting slaughtered! My only shares that are showing any colour, not much, are the banking shares. That goes for my warrants account as well!
0 Kudos
Mr_S
Super Contributor
dam im holding on! im not even gon panic abt this, il start getting worried if it crosses 24000 points!
0 Kudos
Plonky
Super Contributor
Yes, it hurts a lot. Lets see who has lost the most. At the moment I have lost 500k. (AGL, BIL, CZA). Who can beat that ?
0 Kudos
pirates
Contributor
0 Kudos
Plonky
Super Contributor
ok, that beats me, I am down 108k on Agl.
0 Kudos
Pam_1
Regular Contributor
Be realistic guys, you show only a paper loss for now if you can afford to sit out the cycle. 24 months from now you will brag on how cheap you got into Anglos.
0 Kudos
Plonky
Super Contributor
Yes, probably will feel better in 24 months. It hurts now though.
0 Kudos
striker
Super Contributor
Geez Plonkers that must hurt ! You beat me there allright.My portfolio not as big as yours,but down 3.9%.I got out of CZA but hold BIL,which at these prices are being given away!
0 Kudos
Plonky
Super Contributor
Ja, tempting to buy more, but I like the look of GND more. Good DY and low PE. As Pam says, we will have to stick it out. When I break even in 24 months I will let you know (smile...)
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
Geez Plonky, that's tough. Do you hold shares or SSFs?
0 Kudos
schizo
Frequent Contributor
500k is alot, but every loss brings you closer to a win, think about it that way, unless you have blown up your account already
0 Kudos
Not applicable
take it from me guys lost 60 % of my portfolio on agl in jan dont panic you in you in just sit tight take a holiday 2 months time we should be smiling
0 Kudos
KVW
Super Contributor
Down R75K on R500K Balance in 2 days...... This has to end.
0 Kudos
pirates
Contributor
ln i also was up to my neck in agl in jan and thankfully held my nerve but sold long before they hit their peak of 550,i agree just bite the bullet and before you know it they will be cruising again
0 Kudos
KVW
Super Contributor
Luck I had sold some at a good price so I have enough cash for 6 months, predictions for 2,3 & 6 month forecast.....
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Hic...only wine can tame a R300k loss this week...hic. Anyway switched from long ang to long acl in closing auction. Me thinks later will reover quickly for a bailout. ADIOS...hic!
0 Kudos
Copper
Regular Contributor
Eish Thandi !! Lost 25k in 2 days. Think i'll stick to my day job.. comforting to know i'm not the only one taking a pasting... Eish Jacob Zuma Eisssssshhhhhhhhhh !!
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Mr Market thans you for the very generous donations...
0 Kudos
Copper
Regular Contributor
Viva Comrade Mr Market Viva..... Veeeeevvvaaaaa !!
0 Kudos