Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Slow or is it just me?

kels
Contributor
Has anybody else noticed that for the past week or so it has sometimes very slow when moving around this site? It seems to take ages when moving to anything other than the homepage and I am not sure if it is my laptop, my connection or the website. I am posting this a second time because the first one just seemed to freeze.
0 Kudos
13 REPLIES 13
Jacques_1
Frequent Contributor
0 Kudos
ChrisDT
Occasional Contributor
chrome is the problem-if you use explorer its fine-very irritating
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
yes, very slow. Viewing charts on desktop, but trading on IPAD......
0 Kudos
kels
Contributor
Thanks Chris, I will give it a try.
0 Kudos
kels
Contributor
Thanks you were right. switched from Google Chrome to internet explorer and it seems to be back to normal. Appreciate the help.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Yes! Is it a chrome thing? I am also in chrome. Pages just don't load .. you refresh, refresh, refresh.. trades take a couple minutes to go in. I lost a couple grand this week coz of this. This is so disappointing! I'll try I.E tomorrow :-(
0 Kudos
Cedric_1
Contributor
Thanks for the info, have been experiencing the same problem. Tried explorer which gets me back to normal speed but when you log off and re-log in later it won't hold my required chart settings and reverts to basic default settings. Anyone else had this problem as well?
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
chrome not an issue with other sites....problem with OST, Webtrader and SARS efiling. I hardly on desktop....stream charts from desktop onto IPAD and trade off OST on IPAD(3G connection).
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Running in IE now, this is very irritating as I do everything in Chrome. Chrome is supposed to be the easiest platform compared to IE to develop for... so this is crazy. Can someone please complain to OST about this and bring this to their attention as it doesn't look like they ever read their own forums? A developer is supposed to test their work on all browsers to check compatibility. Basic mistake OST.
0 Kudos
BlueDolphin
Frequent Contributor
Had the same problem with Chrome. Updated to Version 38.0.2125.122 m and seems much better.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Tried upgrading chrome and it is still buggered and pages don't load. I.E is running smooth at the moment but this is a big inconvenience. Everyone hates I.E!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Tried upgrading chrome and it is still buggered and pages don't load. I.E is running smooth at the moment but this is a big inconvenience. Everyone hates I.E!
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
It's just OST trade page....easy trader ok. I have multiple screens on my desk, so one more on my IPad
0 Kudos