Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Slow site

Not applicable
This site is pathetically slow and has been for some time now. Running on hsdpa it takes half a minute at least to open a trade page!! Anybody else?
0 Kudos
15 REPLIES 15
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
We're experiencing high user levels and hence the site is slower. We apologies for any inconvenience.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
We're off spending your trade brokerage in Bali - up yours and stop complaining, it irritates us. The slow site has nothing to do with the upgrade on Wednesday.
0 Kudos
TJH
Frequent Contributor
To be more precise; the site is unusable.
0 Kudos
Taurus
Super Contributor
super idego....you are the iretating person here,if something is not right we should complaine...the site is slow!!!
0 Kudos
Q2W
Super Contributor
Okay it's slow, but doubt SB can do something now... But what will be down, regarding the servers and to speed things up in the future?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
uhhh, ok. Never heard of "tongue in cheek", how about sarcasm? My sixth grade English teacher advised us never to underestimate the intelligence of the audience, guess She was begin sarcastic too.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tongue_in_cheek
Just in case
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
'High user rate' 'We apologies for any inconvenience'. You've gotta be f****** joking. I'd really like to tell you to shove it, but not sure what that is in banker speak.
0 Kudos
Taurus
Super Contributor
sarcasm belongs in the first grade...
0 Kudos
divz
Super Contributor
This is ridiculous cannot do anything . Me thinks SB should refund all losses on todays trade as a sign of goodwill.
0 Kudos
Taurus
Super Contributor
It's actualy amazing what we put up here, my Price streamer for one has never worked properly and nobody seem able or wiling to do something about it...the site is slow about 70% of the year and they blame high trafic everytime......this is amazing
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Dear Pedestrian. You have been run over by a truck. Even though you was on a pedestrian crossing. This is becaws the traffic volume is high. It has nothing to do with bad roadsigns, traffic control or anything else that goes on in our department. We apologise for the inconvenience, and loss of life. That missing leg too. Yours sincerely Department of Roadworks.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Why is my top 10 news and buss news still dated the 8Aug? Is that also due to high volume?
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
Completely outrageous. They actively sign up users then when those selfsame users actually use the site they get blamed cos the sites too busy.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
this site's business is a platform to trade off. it was unable to do that for me and by the sounds many others today. luckily I am long on nothing only short but I'm sure a lot of standard bank clients lost a lot of money because of this site. If this site was a share I would sell my house and use the money to sell it short, it is that sht! from london with love.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Slow Site = New Contrarian Indicator, showing massive sell off or buy in, if you can log in to see which way it is going. :P That was a joke Simon. I feel for SBK or any other company trying to do business using the internet in this country. I cannot be easy. I hope you guys get your server problems sorted out soon. BTTB.
0 Kudos