Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Smallcaps strong Buy - MAM comp

scandal
Super Contributor
right, please voice your opinions if you are a gambler... This share has been listed in a couple of the small caps news letters and all say strong buy. I am holding at about 90c and am thinking of adding to take advantage of the upside once MAM kicks in. Any thoughts?
0 Kudos
11 REPLIES 11
saash
Super Contributor
A start up mine is high risk and high reward. Very expensive, you only know what's down there when you get there, and those who are in make all the $$. Decide what your risk appetite is and expose yourself accordingly.
0 Kudos
scandal
Super Contributor
herd mentality. 1) at the moment all MAM players unable to trade. Once they all come online 1 sept they will be looking at the small caps plays and looking to turn over some profits quick. Price action in short term on this one (ride the wave). Cash in on it is my opinion. 2)Look at small caps index during periods of the past competitions. Has always gone up. Identifying the ones that will most likely be key players in the mids of the competitors will make you money. OMO 3) with 10K in hand and trying to turn over a quick buck what would you buy. OMO but CMO, SIM, MTL, DLG WKF to name a few. It could go the other way though and none of the shares take part in the competition madness. However a couple carefully selected small caps in the coming three months could see one take advantage of the competition. So to the forum's speculators that share this view the question is which would you pick.???
0 Kudos
ABuzz
Super Contributor
scandal, I also think CMO is a good bet. Out of your others I'd choose SIM. But what about others like CEL, SAL and my absolute favourite IMU (this one will be in the 40-50c range come Dec) OMO
0 Kudos
scandal
Super Contributor
Abuzz i think another influential factor will be the results (and their quality) that will be released during the competition period. ISA-05/09, Bidvest-03/09 and AGi-04/09. Sallies will be released 30/08 (one that i made money on after the prf share) unfortunately before trading resumes (maybe they will delay who knows) If history is anything to go by ISA issues DIV with interim as well. Watch this space. OMO
0 Kudos
scandal
Super Contributor
my mistake not bidvest... wrong share
0 Kudos
Shaun_Siddall
Super Contributor
Watch out for Afgold as well. IMU at 17c is looking like a good gamble?
0 Kudos
scandal
Super Contributor
me thinks that PNC will also be a strong play. we will see though, only time and patience will tell.
0 Kudos
scandal
Super Contributor
is this stop loss selling or is there some bad news in the wind???? down 15%
0 Kudos
scandal
Super Contributor
how could this hare have fallen 20c in one day..??
0 Kudos
dilligaff
Super Contributor
I suspect that folks are warming up their trading skills on such small caps before MAM starts on Monday:)
0 Kudos
scandal
Super Contributor
Just thought this might be worth noting... At 10:13 today almost 12,000,000 shares have changed hands. This is over 6% of the company's share capital, wonder if this trade involves a single person/entity, so (correct the assumption if it is wrong) but they would have to alert the public to it. This is an "affected transaction" per the take-over code. Opinions please...
0 Kudos