Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Smart money?

Salv
Frequent Contributor
For every seller there is a buyer and visa versa, therefore for all "smart money" selling there is "smart money" buying? Whos smarter ? Interested in any comments or views. Thx
0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
striker
Super Contributor
Not every share purchase, or sale is a smart one.It's all about the timing - some sell too soon,or too late,others buy too soon or too late.
0 Kudos
SIMBA
Super Contributor
At west ham we only sell to soon and by the way striker what happens to all that money????
0 Kudos
murgs
Contributor
Not so. There can be many buyers for each seller and vice-versa. To see where the smart money is going apply the OBV indicator.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Salv the simple amswer is the oke who made a profit is the smart one..that is what everybody is trying to do... time frames are meaningless. Its a question of: is your money growing?
0 Kudos
Salv
Frequent Contributor
So therefore the big money/smart money/big volume trades, are not always a good indicator? Reason i ask is volumes to me should b just as important as price, a big change price supported by low volumes, is not terribly convincing to me... Thats the way i see atleast.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
One oke with lots of cash, has as much info as you or I...volume is a measure of emotion..NOT a measure of clear thinking..
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
and emotion is what drives markets ..
0 Kudos
striker
Super Contributor
Simba - some of it I guess,was wasted on crocks like Ashton,Dyer and Parker.Let's hope next season is better ; being hoping that for many years mind you.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
0 Kudos