Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

So ... Facebook Plan for IPO at 100 B

Not applicable
0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
Not applicable
Oops ... sorry for adding that under RDF !
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
I think the investment bankers with their fees and current share holders are going to make an inceadable fortune and based on hipe I am sure the share price will rise to some ungodly PE and some shmuck in time will lean some hard lessons about the stock market
0 Kudos
sponono
Super Contributor
no think it would collapse. look at Mail.ru and Groupon. problem is I fail to understand how Facebook generates its revenue its not like everytime I log onto my fb page I have to pay some money.
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
While I agree that Facebook will likely be overpriced - you cannot compare it to rubbish like Groupon and - to a lesser extent - Mail RU. Facebook is a fascinating an MAJOR asset with vast potential. Rather look at Google for a comparative asset.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
they make money from ads, as google does .. but I not sure they a fantastic asset, remember myspace ?? I know this time it is sdifferent, but it never is .. at $100bn it values every user at over $100, that is a whack lot of adverts I gotta click on, anybody every clicked on an ad in FB ??
0 Kudos
klapka
Super Contributor
They also charge a rental on games and other links. I was talking to my 24 year old son and his girlfriend and they said they and their friends are bored with Facebook and have 'moved on.' Must admit I found it boring but just use it to play scrabble. I only remove adds. Never view them.
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
You can never be sure (especially with an IT company.) They are an internet within an internet - many of their users never leave their facebook subnet (or nearly so.) Nobody can search within their space. Nobody can advertise within their space - UNLESS they allow it.
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
Regarding the price - I am sure it is way too high! I struggle to appreciate the idea of pricing an asset so that the earnings "will grow into it." Seems a bit of an "***** about face" way of doing things.
0 Kudos