Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

So Greece gets saved

Not applicable
He better point that Hyperinflation Laser another way.I'll Alabaster his Butt with my Skywalker 2.0 "saw Ya ! coming in 2011 Drone Dagger.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
Mark you are totally right about confirmation bias and how it aflicts traders .. I'm pretty sure everybody goes through it initially .. however you are of course totally wrong as to whether I am inflicted with it, too be clear I am not .. check my twitter stream, I am always commenting on markets, it's my passion .. trading is merely a part of that passion; I also invest, teach, comment, interview, etc. ..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
yes point taken...but that mention of the bonds did seem a bit confirmation biassy to me....I know because I do it all the time...It useful for people to be aware of it no?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
absolutely, biggest problem is that with the internet whatever one believes one can confirm via some or other webpae .. so any view (crazy or not) is confirmable .. it also interesting that for now the world view seems to be that everything will be alright .. which of course it is, until it isn't .. A little while back Spain and Italy had yields above 7% and we were all going to die .. now we all holidaying in greece again ..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Thats why i never have the newsflow on while I trade and watch the bussiness channels as entertainment only...
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
Obviously projection was the relevant defence mechanism here,Sigmund Boogieman?
0 Kudos