Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

So How did your Money do here in 2012?

warhippo
Super Contributor
My portfolio value increase beat the Satrix40 & Rafi by a nice percentage margin this year. Did almost no trading except reinvesting Dividends and payouts. (However I must admit I received fairly big chunks of pay outs from OML and REM.) I think most of us are quite satisfied with stock performance in general.. How did you guys do?
0 Kudos
12 REPLIES 12
Quakedog
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Blik
Super Contributor
Am happy. Portfolio is up and my Div return is up over 100% compared to last year. I sold off some rubbish and reinvested in my better DY shares.
0 Kudos
AJT
Super Contributor
27.2% increase (including divis)
0 Kudos
U-Dog
Contributor
Running at 22.8% annualised but admittedly early days starting in May and only really adding to portfolio later in the year. Same investment points in the Satrix would have yielded annualised of 35.1%. Ah well....
0 Kudos
ms_moneybags
Contributor
My Cumulative Portfolio is up 42.8 Per Cent but this is over around 3 years.Does anyone know how to see year by year the percentage .?? W.H.L up 172per cent ..No complaints....
0 Kudos
U-Dog
Contributor
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
16.24% Simple annual return compounded annually.
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
stores
Super Contributor
Topgun and Werner set a challenge up about 3 or 4 or more years ago, for the new year then, and it was fun....Please would a newbe out there who has some computer/excel skills set one up....Remember only 5 shares to chose from for the new year.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I paper traded the Justonelap.co.za momentum portfolio for a year and researched it the year prior to that. At the beginning of the year I started trading it live. I had to wait for my funds to transfer into my trading account so I missed out on about 6% of the move compared to the watch list i set on day one. Including divs it currently shows a return of 40%(+- 46% on the watchlist). This is quite impressive and previous years' performance was just as impressive. Previous performance does not guarantee future performance, and I'll have to trade it for 20 to 30 years to get a big enough sample to judge the performance accurately. But I'm quite happy to stay with it for now.
0 Kudos
sasa
Regular Contributor
Return on capital invested : 25.75%
0 Kudos
warhippo
Super Contributor
It seems as if high 20% and lower 30% seems to be the popular number. However: The rand has depreciated by approx. 7.8% against the US$ from Jan to Dec.(hope I have this correct?) My question then: Would it have been a good move to take money out of the country to invest somewhere else?
0 Kudos