Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

So I gave in

SimonPB
Valued Contributor
and am probably the last person to join facebook .. now what ??
0 Kudos
19 REPLIES 19
Quakedog
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
FB never heard of quakedog .. so I added my sister instead and logged out ..
0 Kudos
Quakedog
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
most boring site i know,luckily i've forgotten my passwrd.
0 Kudos
Goldbull
Frequent Contributor
I did a Bachelor of Arts (triple major)at UCT having majored in Film Studies, Media & Writing and Visual & Art History. Facebook falls under New Media (the forms of communicating in the digital world, which includes publishing on CD-ROM, DVD, digital television and the Internet. It implies the use of desktop and portable computers as well as wireless, handheld devices. Every company in the computer industry is involved with new media in some manner). If I was you I would have second thoughts about laughing off Facebook and Twitter.
0 Kudos
Wizard
Super Contributor
I'll see if I can find u there....so I can show what I do with my profits from last year....drink Spanish wine in Barcelona ;)
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
Ok - so you give us a little code-word, so when we make a friend request, you can know its from one of us :-)
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
:-( There are too many Simon Brown's - and no Simon PatemanBrown's ... so look up Saash Jones, and I'll add you from my other profile ;-)
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
good idea .. hmm a code word .. we could be boring and make it OST ??
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
Cool Simon. You're on Facebook. Now you can tell everyone your on facebook, and that's about all it's worth. It's really a tool for lonely and nosey folk and people with a lot of spare time like students. In other words, it's got value, but it's limited depending on who you are.
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
Kwagga - what about the improved communication with dispersed family? I know loads of people on fb who are not bored or lonely and I sure as hell love it when I see my nephews in the UK posting pics of their latest girlfriends, and my sisters over there get to see pics of the kids they'd otherwise never see. Some of us are actually too buys to call our friends, so I know if a friend is in hospital and needs a visit .... it has benefits.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
It all depends on who you need to keep in touch with. I prefer a small group of friends who i can call when I need to, would never publish my life stories on a public platform - too many weirdo's out there (like the ones on facebook lol!). In Simon's case he has a huge following and could increase it further on Facebook and could make some cash in the process.
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
I have to say, I used facebook to make many friends from all over the world, actually mostly all are interested in business and investing. Some of the guys I chat the most to about shares are from my facebook orginated guys. I can see how such social networking can help build ones network, very interesting...
0 Kudos
Levitt
Regular Contributor
Facebook is the people you went to high school with. Twitter is the people you wish you went to high school with.
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
Well said.Twitter has less clutter,is easily understood and gets the message across to your target.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Wow Saash - YOU LOOK HOT on FB LOL Its a great medium, dont knock it all you fuddy duddies !!! hehe
0 Kudos
Douw
Frequent Contributor
As far as I am concerned, facebook is a very dangerous place to be on. Your photo, personal details and even sensitive information that you put on is there for the whole world to exploit. Creditors, police, criminals, sex offenders and other all use facebook for their own dark purpose. Getting out of facebook is not easy, that is if you can successfully get out at all. Ask me I am trying to get out.
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
OMG !!! U see now why I don't friend u monkies!!!
0 Kudos