Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

So I made a few % on AVENG

HungryPunter
Regular Contributor
I see so many comments which seem to be very personal on this forum. When I posted a comment on AVENG and it might be a nice short opportunity, I had only one comment, indicating that the share is posed to go up (Now that I banked my profit, time for other things). Should we not be debating these type of things rather than wether a person on this forum has multiple personalities? Is this forum not intended for discussion on topics such as this? So that if I say, "Well I think I will go Long on Firstrand next week" (Which I intend on doing) this comment elicits a conversation, rather than posting some comment about the *****(Cencored)***** on pool tables? So, comments about ***** (Cencored) ***** on pool tables or rather discussion about the long position on Firstrand?
0 Kudos
20 REPLIES 20
Not applicable
Yes still wanted to thank you for the heads-up on aeg. I don't trade actively but took this one and made a couple.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Actually what YOU did is as irrelevant as those round things on a pool table...unless you discuss why when and where its really all just onanistic congratulatory things on pool tables
0 Kudos
Fredsed
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Can i also suggest you post in the appropriate forum topic so that anyone interested in the counter can follow the conversation?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Please see this following post as well intended useful stuff and dont get all defensive its not directed at you...I am not calling you a fool so here goes....your post completely forgets and ignores the fact that, to use a avaition mataphhor, take offs are optional...landings are obligatory. Trading entries are optional but exits are obligatory....so u enetered and exited already ....anyoee can enter a trade ...any fool that can click a mouse but can he exit at the right time?..This thing has still got so far too go and you are out already?....I guess u are off the conventional wisdom "no one has ever gone bankrupt taking a profit" school of thought? Well I got news for you Ive seen loads of people go bankrupt taking small profits when they have no exit plan.
0 Kudos
cheapcheap
Regular Contributor
If you take a look,the post I put up was under "friday joke" not share discussion or any other.If you don't have a sense of humour,don't read the post!!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
yeah the loss of sense of humour is caused by envy/the feeling of being left out be exiting without a plan...down 1.7% today and counting.
0 Kudos
Fredsed
Super Contributor
Do you think that being like Bonzo the bear in a bull trend be a good example?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
share is down 1.7% today alone ...the market decides who is a fool and who isnt...
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
That aeg chart doesn't look very healthy.Threatening a serious break to the downside.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Agreed Russ...shocking when ppl cannot define the most obvious trend....The trend is your friend if you know what a trend is...
0 Kudos
HungryPunter
Regular Contributor
0 Kudos
HungryPunter
Regular Contributor
0 Kudos
HungryPunter
Regular Contributor
I do not use trailing stop losses. I use a strickt 1:2 risk to reward ration. I do have a plan, different from yours, but it suits my own style.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
like an Ostrich?...does the price action not bear this out...we are here to learn or stick our heads in the sand...next time remember a few % is not enough...why did you exit by the way ...do you even know?...making 2 or 3 % is not enough reason...in fact it is a reason to stay in a trade
0 Kudos
Not applicable
at the risk of being sucked into another one of these rediculous forum debates, i will give my 2c worth. Chartist is right in some of his post - an individual trade is irrelevantg if you cannot consciously stipulate under what conditions you took the trade, and under what conditions you would do it again. So the dude that took the trade, just because HP said so, is the losing trader here (unless the strategy is to consistently take the trade when HP says. But Chartist, where you are again wrong is to think that the trend is the only trade worth taking. There are many counter trend trading strategies out there. In fact, shorting rarely succeeds with a trend following strategy, given the tendency for short sharp movements.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
oh skaap I absolutely agree...if anything i am accused of wanting to trade counter trend more often than not....My comment was in response to someone (RAMS) saying that a short would be against the trend which it absolutely is not...they were merely not able to identify a trend
0 Kudos
Fredsed
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
HungryPunter
Regular Contributor
I agree with this comment, I had a reason I entered the trade and I have a reason for the exit. I know I could have made a bucket of cash on this trade, but my strategy is in line with my personality as well as my personal circumstance. I am comfortable with what I did and would have done this again in exactly the same manner given the same set of data.
0 Kudos