Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

So, Lance

Rams
Super Contributor
libraries are going to reclassify books on him from non-fiction to fiction...
0 Kudos
13 REPLIES 13
Copper
Regular Contributor
you would be shocked at the amount of 'educated' people that i have overheard defending him. Excuses like(to name a few) "everybody doped, so he was the best of a bad bunch..he's still a legend" or "whats the point of exposing him cos no one is going to watch the tour anymore..especially me" We sometimes look at striking miners jumping around with sticks and say its because of poor education and social ills. What excuse educated people have in condoning an unrepenting liar is way beyond me.
0 Kudos
Harathke
Regular Contributor
Who really cares about cycling? Really? In the context of all the world's problems, challenges, hero's and villains, who cares about a guy who can ride a bike really far, really fast, whether or not he uses drugs to do so? Just saying.
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
At least he had the ball to admit he doped and he still never leaves the house without several vials of clean urine. ;-)
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
he used the same doctor Bill Clinton used to explain away the stains on Monica...and Clinton makes lot more money now...so So Lance LIEstrong will be probably be richer now...imagine the number of sports-people who will consult him on a job well done...
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Wino
Super Contributor
Me, a cycling fan and a once Armstrong fan especially his work with cancer support and research, am very disappointed. Turns out to be a liar and a fraud. Now they talking about movies, books etc etc. I will give them all a miss but still, as a cyclist myself, will continue to support the sport. One of the few sports that all ages can still participate in and great for family and community.
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
yeah, i wonder how much of the funds meant for cancer research and support actually went there?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Watch the space, fiction books sell faster than non-fiction
0 Kudos
Blik
Super Contributor
Rams - am not sure you can fault the guy on the awareness he has raised for cancer. Whether means were foul or fair. Livestrong has done a huge amount to get the message out, and without Lance starting it...well it woudln't have started.
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
to tell you the truth i did not about LIEstrong about now...and i know a lot of cancer patients. Look at this way, Clinton has done a lot for politics, but can you just make the stains go away because of that. Once you start justifying wrongs, we go down a corrupt path...its called "blood money"
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
er..."about now" should read "until now"
0 Kudos
Blik
Super Contributor
True - but within the mud is certainly some good. And I am not trying to justify Lance - I personally dont care about his cycling. Interesting fact about cancer and chemotherapy, to show that good can come from bad: Mustard gas, used in the WW1, was found to suppress growing white blood cells and hence might have a similar effect on cancer cells. Sorry sidetracked there.
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
but that(mustard) is treating the manifestation....the answer is in Human Genomics...change the DNA so it does not produce cancer cells...if you want to contribute to this research,,,buy ASPEN...they bought a stake in the Genomics labs in the US...
0 Kudos