Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

So QE2

SimonPB
Valued Contributor
nothing happening here .. move along .. gonna rile the bears ..
0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
sponono
Super Contributor
the VIX just collapsed. the DOW closed above 11200. that means more upside.
0 Kudos
gareth01
Regular Contributor
some form of stability through QE2 announcement last night, so momentum should continue for a while....!!
0 Kudos
HateGauteng
Super Contributor
The 61.8% fib still needs to be breached.
0 Kudos
Wizard
Super Contributor
QE1 was 1700b..worth 5000 on the DOW. This one 600b.so we should see 14k by year end. ++Gold continues marching ever higher!
0 Kudos
HateGauteng
Super Contributor
The 600bil is for the purchase of treasuries. My understanding that this will be good for US treasuries and not really have an impact on the Dow. It seems I'm wrong again, could someone please explain.
0 Kudos
TOPIX
Regular Contributor
Maybe, maybe not. I heard the FED took a poll amongst analysts about what they expect. The announcement is directly in line with the results of the poll - so, it's already priced in.
0 Kudos
TOPIX
Regular Contributor
Comment was @ wizard
0 Kudos
Wizard
Super Contributor
This is what he does(Ben): He can't lower the interest rates anymore. So he buys treasury bonds and the yields are getting even lower. Investors see no value and withdraw from them. Ultimately Ben wants to see those money back in the economy and that's his plan to stimulate growth!
0 Kudos
Wizard
Super Contributor
All printed money find themselves back on the stock market. Those 600b are not issued yet.so we still have to see them there. Those 1700b did a good job, the trouble was always going to be inflation.but it didn't arrive so Ben is just taking the next step.which is SLIGHTLY different this time round, but should have the same result.
0 Kudos