Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

So after

SimonPB
Valued Contributor
2 days of being smacked around, wonder if the bears will step up to the plate today ??
0 Kudos
18 REPLIES 18
Not applicable
No need to step up ...bulls will do it all on their own...not making any prediction just pointing out few things to watch...Anglo at major resistance...BHP similar resistance and may be forming double top. Ftse has terminating diagonal which has retested the breakout. Mone of these things are in any way signals to go short or have confirmed....merely things to watch. In any case US data at15h30 and 17h00 will dominate.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
so bulls become bears ?? resources haven't been driving this rally, so surely better to watch industrials as they have been the driver ?? but either way sounds complicated ..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
US data is the single biggest non-event in a trader's calendar, IMO
0 Kudos
Not applicable
No Simon...what i mean is that the bulls will possibly look at taking some profit...i.e. they sell and drive the price down. This may or may not get the bears interested. Teminating diagonals are the simplest things around and (in my expereince) some of the most reliable tradeable starctures. Anything below 480 (for me) would mean the bears have gotten interested.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Skaap then you have obviously not be trading for very long...because if you had you would know that 200 -400 point moves in minutes are possible and that the direction forward can very often be determined by these moves.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I challenge you to show me a trading strategy that is able to consistently deliver results from the release of US data. 5 examples of a successful strategy delivering the goods. The moves are so extreme, that the risk reward ratio is extremely difficult to capture. As for change in direction and market sentiment? Well I challenge you to show me 5 good examples of where that has happened too.
0 Kudos
Electrox
Super Contributor
bears have good reason to be ontop of their game today.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
ooops a daisy....i dont mind a bit of alsp and tickle ..what i do mind is being invecirated by a bear....
0 Kudos
Not applicable
that shud be slap and tickle
0 Kudos
richardw
Super Contributor
Nah, I'm good. Avg 30484 with ALMI, so not hurting yet. I dump some when it drops, then load up again when it rises. Smarter would have been to just buy the dips since I expected it to rise, but allow me to justify my position please :)
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
well Simon, theres no plate, the bulls have eaten it!They cant go hungry now. But the bears , well they waiting for the sewerage to flow!
0 Kudos
Electrox
Super Contributor
im just an oppertunist wat ever made you think im only ever a bull...? Re:Once again it will be time for the bulls to step up to the plate... by Electrox on 02 Feb 16:15 talking about shorts the whole day i see.. i would only start now.. Re:Once again it will be time for the bulls to step up to the plate... by Electrox on 02 Feb 16:17 thought i'd give u a "tip" since you said we'll talk today
0 Kudos
Not applicable
jees electrox that reply wasnt even intended for you and who said u were just a bull?....u make this so much about u that your reply seems more than a little neurotic to me...
0 Kudos
Blik
Super Contributor
an old cartoon song comes to mind....Gummi Bears, bouncing here and there and everywhere...LOL
0 Kudos
DEP
Super Contributor
1. Market Globally looking for an excuse to take profits - well, when Greece deal is announced they might sell on facts. 2. Market overbought Therefore bears might have a party soon.
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
and we will party with them when the party starts...this is trading ...when the BEARS are strong well give them the BULLS on a banna leaf(no plate remember) for a quick buck!
0 Kudos
DEP
Super Contributor
I think i need to top up some more shorts Alsi Mar-12
0 Kudos
Electrox
Super Contributor
sure it was intended for the gummi bears i presume..
0 Kudos