Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

So how are all the new gap converts feeling this morning?

john_1
Super Contributor
were did you get in? are you still in? were are your stops?
0 Kudos
21 REPLIES 21
Not applicable
Are you guys thinking its time to go long in anticipation of closing yesterdays gap, maybe long tim about 18500??
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Oh man of many standards.. we clsoed at 18130..opened at 18400 and had a cash market open at 18256..Leaving a gap of 120 points..and from a cash market close we have a 400 point gap.
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
that would be the gap of the 20th jan.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Hey john, what are you reffering to, didnt we close 18060 and open 18015
0 Kudos
Not applicable
John do you trade on the pre-open futures market? they increase the spreads in those markets don't they?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Oh my oh my!...I think I am just gonna give up with u John...either u are just not very intelligent....purposely obtuse or just plain facetious....I hope it is the latter but I fear it may be the former...do u not recall me saying that the gap is only to be traded after the FTSE opens...now come on u can tell the time..when did we close on the 50 pt close below the open on the 5 min?...if u don't have anything positive to contribute I suggest u go and play somewhere else....Oh and by the way just because a set up doesn't work once it by no means invalidates the set up as a very useful way of making money in the future...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
John...just cause u see a gap u dont trade it...there is a gap and then there is a gap play....the one is a phenomenon the other a strategy...
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
If you look on IG charts this morning you will see an open price of 18005 that is the MTM price from last night...when the market does not trade instantly at 8.30 the default on IG places the open price at the MTM price...to confirm subract the Change varrriable on OTS from the current ask price and you will get to the MTM price also the default open.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
whaaat....obfuscation again?....John are u seriously telling me that IG index has a more reliable price than the bids and offers I could see in front of my eyes? IG creates there own prices (which approximate the real price)....John by desperately trying to throw in these irrelevances which take the discussion of at a complete tangent in a attempt to be right all the time you really sully what could be something positive...
0 Kudos
CrownA
Super Contributor
Chartist - you need to take a cold shower or a pill - calm down. Your advice does not work when you are angry or pissed off...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Crown A yes u are prolly right...the thing that absolutely exasperates me is the fact that John just cant seem to grasp the simple concept that it isn't about being right but getting it right...getting the detail and the facts right...if I am wrong I will say I am wrong but I will not lie down and have what I am trying to say perverted in order for someone to protect their vulnerable ego
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Geez Charty, you sound like my old man on a bad day.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
this was in responce to pafko asking if the opening price was at 18015. The first trade of the day was at 18370/18400. I hope this helps.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Thanks john, how do you see what the first trade was, i am currently using global trader and their charts, but all i can see is opening price and not the first trade
0 Kudos
Not applicable
long as its not your old woman....yeah nothing else much doing so I may as well vent...
0 Kudos
JohnnyCash
Super Contributor
Are we only closing gaps to 18100 today or will today's gap also be closed? Future boys seem to keep propping us up anticipating a move up? Yesterday for most part the diff to cash was 100, today its 150 and sometimes even more?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
hell John...just realized how rude I have been apologies man...I never answered your question...thanks for asking ...yeah we are all doing quite well....the entry was as always 50 pts below the open...
0 Kudos
JohnnyCash
Super Contributor
Ai, how beautiful is that, both gaps closed and a 130 bar of death! That 3.30 bar shook me out on the close and had to jump back in 30c later and 40 points later
0 Kudos